Anyone working in trucking?

How did you like Werner? I was thinking about Con-way or Schneider National..

I work for con-way, I run linehaul, been there 14 years. the pay is good. I believe the starting pay is $18.25. they have some guys that are training guys to drive, that might be the way to go.

I work for con-way, I run linehaul, been there 14 years. the pay is good. I believe the starting pay is $18.25. they have some guys that are training guys to drive, that might be the way to go.

I did security for the sub company Menlo...Most of the Con-Way that would roll in seemed happy.

Is that why I see the FedEX sign plastered over Watkins trucks? When I was at a security post for a company, the YRCW, OLD Dom., SAIA drivers, weren't happy campers. So I have a little idea that this won't be easy. At the same time I'm not trying to be a millionaire off trucking..Ha ha... I just know its something I can do with little effort, but will work hard.

Fedex bought Watkins a few years ago. They renamed it Fedex freight. Last year they merged Fedex freight, ground and package under one business unit.

You can work your ass off but it is a thankless job. And they will work you far more than you thought possible.

Fedex bought Watkins a few years ago. They renamed it Fedex freight. Last year they merged Fedex freight, ground and package under one business unit.

You can work your ass off but it is a thankless job. And they will work you far more than you thought possible.

Thats's what UPS is all about. Add the Vegas weather makes it worst!

Yes

It is a thankless job .but at least a german company didnt buy ups & fedex and kill them. Like dhl did to airborne .. But i did get my full ride and get my bennys back when i retire . I loved driving my truck like i stole it everyday ..

Hey what experience was needed before you started?

There wasn't. They needed a driver quick, I was hauling heavy equipment locally and was looking for a change. Been into cars, can weld, and fix/break stuff.

Go to Grand Am.com and take a look in the forums. There's all kinds of jobs available in the racing world.