Anyone work GM or a GM car salesman?

Quiky One

I need a quick favor on true invoice pricing. Please PM me if you can help!

Thanks Jason

invoice!!!

not for nothing, but as a salesperson I recommend you should buy your car off the internet from gm. then you will not make some struggling car salesman work his ass off only for you to tell him you know what invoice is and eliminate any possibility of him making a commission. Not being a jag, just a struggling salesman. I usually tell people after I earn the right to ask for there business that I will wright the deal up at a couple hundred over invoice, I do not think that is out of line. Most stores will whore there cars out at the cost of standing behind there product or forgetting who you are after the sale. Find a salesman that treats you right and you like, allow him to make a commission and he will go to bat for you when you need it. He is not going to put his kids through college on you, maybe 75 to 150 bucks. Not trying to be an a hole here, just looking to save some salesman an afternoon beating, edmunds kills us with inaccurate invoices! sorry for the rant! gm has killed us with reducing the mark up over the years. soon it will be like buying from best buy, some pimpled 17 year old who does not care what you want nor does he know anything. Find a good store who will show you there invoice and treat you right. best of luck.

not for nothing, but as a salesperson I recommend you should buy your car off the internet from gm. then you will not make some struggling car salesman work his ass off only for you to tell him you know what invoice is and eliminate any possibility of him making a commission. Not being a jag, just a struggling salesman. I usually tell people after I earn the right to ask for there business that I will wright the deal up at a couple hundred over invoice, I do not think that is out of line. Most stores will whore there cars out at the cost of standing behind there product or forgetting who you are after the sale. Find a salesman that treats you right and you like, allow him to make a commission and he will go to bat for you when you need it. He is not going to put his kids through college on you, maybe 75 to 150 bucks. Not trying to be an a hole here, just looking to save some salesman an afternoon beating, edmunds kills us with inaccurate invoices! sorry for the rant! gm has killed us with reducing the mark up over the years. soon it will be like buying from best buy, some pimpled 17 year old who does not care what you want nor does he know anything. Find a good store who will show you there invoice and treat you right. best of luck.

I have no problem the salesman making commision. I feel $750-$1000 over invoice is reasonable. I refuse to pay $3000 over on a car that isn't selling that good. I'm not trying to make a car salesman work his ass off and not make a time. Fair is fair though right?

I have no problem the salesman making commision. I feel $750-$1000 over invoice is reasonable. I refuse to pay $3000 over on a car that isn't selling that good. I'm not trying to make a car salesman work his ass off and not make a time. Fair is fair though right?

Jason-

My family has dealt with this dealership for decades. Long time family owned. They will treat you right, ask for Craig. 25 minutes from my front door.

Ty

http://www.tripemotor.com/

Invoice price isn't the "actual" cost to the dealership anyway. Of course they wont tell you about the "hold back" and factory incentives that come into play.
Their actual bottom line cost can be as much as a $1,000 - $4,000 below invoice.

With a little research and using the right buying service I have learned that I can actually buy the car of my choice for 2,000 - 3,000 BELOW invoice. Depending on make/model/ and available incentives.

Example: Lincoln MKS for 1,000 under invoice. Ford Flex for 3,500 under invoice. Taurus SHO for 100 under invoice. Ford Edge for 3,500 under invoice. Lexus LS for 2,000 OVER invoice.

Lot's of differences!! Those are just some of the models I've researched.

Buying under invoice is possible because the dealership ISN'T actually going to loose money on the deal. In the case of most foreign marques, you can't get under invoice because they don't have hold backs or incentives.

Holdback and invoice

Turbodave, you are right dealers do have holdback money.
In the grand scheme of a for profit business that is where
get the money to pay for there facility, advertising, payroll
insurance, floorplan, and many other expenses. There are
times like at year or model change you can purchase a
vehicle thousands under invoice with rebates and incentives.
I have never had a problem showing what profit is factored
in. Profit is not a dirty word. Imagine asking our vendors to lose
thousands of dollars just so we could get a deal! I know apples
to oranges, but you get the idea. Countless times have I had
some poor guy come in with numbers he was told and they
are impossible to get to. He is then going to drive from store
to store thinking everybody is lying to him. Eventually he buys
thinks he got laid away. Automotive sales is the only industry
where some people beleive they should pay less than cost.
Try that at a gas station or walmart for that matter.

Agreed. Profit is NOT a dirty word and IS required for any business to stay in business. My only point was that it is possible with the right amount of legwork and the proper account, one can, on rare occasions get in under invoice.

Although, practically speaking, one will pay over invoice. But by how much is always the endless battles that one must get involved with when purchasing a vehicle. Once you and salesman have reached and equitable deal, then there's always the part I hate worst.... The battle with the F & I guy, and trying to get around him. I hate dealing with them far more than the salesman because EVERY thing they pitch is driven purely by commission, and after all is said and done he has no other relationship with the buyer, and has NO interest in the buyer's experience. The more extra warranty they can sell you the higher their commission. The higher the interest rate they can get you into, the higher their commission. :mad:
It's the most painful part of the car buying experience.

F&I guy hahahaha!

That is funny as hell! I read that off in front of my f&i guy!
All i have to say is touche! However as funny as that is
there are now rules and regulations that protect the consumer
from unsavory practices. If anybody needs any help with a
purchase or questions with a deal feel free to contact me!

Just remember everyone in the dealership is American and is trying to make a living. They all have families and while you want the best deal they are there to put their commissioned paycheck right back into the American economy. Sure, with a little bit of homework you will get a better deal bt just remember the next time you sit in front of the F&I guy his family lives in the same town as you. Yes i work at a Ford Dealership, No i am not a finance guy or Car salesman. :biggrin:

My 2 cents.