Anyone thought about a MG Convertible hybrid?

Im in Dayton . Ohio. It is supposed to be fresh!! This used to be Jeff Duvalls personall motor that he was going to put in a street car with a five speed. About 5-6 years ago he fell on a rough spot and ask me to buy him out and I did. He is a personal fried of mine and I felt really bad for him , so I told him I would hang onto it for a coulpe years. I saw him at Bowling green this year and he is not intrested in buying it back as he is more into 455 motors now. So when I saw your little project I thought that it might be perfect for you. I have not taken it apart so I would not sell it unless I did and knew what you were getting. I know for sure that it needs a pickup tube made for oil pump. He was after me for a year to make him one , but that never happened. Trust me it is buried!! Im not even going to think about looking at it unless you are committed to it. Mike

Hey Mike, how much for those boots?

Mine will be mostly a racecar but will keep the essentials to keep it street legal(ish). Fuel will be expensive but you have to spend your money on something right? I wanted to see how far a stock block with non-stage heads could go N/A. Not many people seem to have been down this road so it has been interesting; and rather expensive. It will be very unique though and that is what I really like about the project.

You know about as much about as I do. When NASCAR dropped the v6 engines from the BUSCH series Jeff used to buy/sell more stage 2 stuff than anyone else that Im aware of , so he got to pick and choose his parts. It is a complete stage 2 engine top to botton. It does have wet sump system on it because he didnt want to mess with trying to fit a dry sump system in a Regal. It has a standard stage 2 intake manifold on it for a Holley. I believe it is a short stroke , like 3.400" because he wanted to be able to turn a lot of rpm without pushing it to hard. That about all I remember about it.

Where are you located?? Maybe you can come and tear it down yourself. Mike

The engine in the MG is not the stage ll, it is warmed over 4.1 . The stage motor is about 15 yrs old and needs refreshing..The engine in the red miata is being used as a mock up for mounts and etc. The MG has 13x8 front wheels and 13x10 rear wilwood 4 piston calipers all around

Rex

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 149
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 155
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 154
  • a4.jpg
    a4.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 148
  • a5.jpg
    a5.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 150
  • a7.jpg
    a7.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 159
  • a9.jpg
    a9.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 175
  • a11.jpg
    a11.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 149
  • a12.jpg
    a12.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 150
  • a13.jpg
    a13.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 142
Wow, that looks totally badass! Those tires look HUGE under the car. I never knew there was so much room in the engine compartment of a Miata either. The engine is way behind the steering. Bet the weight distribution is pretty good with the light V6. Cool cars.