Anyone know a good Transmission shop in NH

101prf

I just finally put in my engine and my tranny is slipping. I'm fusterated and don't want to touch it. Any good shops I could bring my car to? Perfer Concord-Manchester area.

Its a long haul, but...

Deltrans around Dover, DE.
Did mine. Great work and no problems.

You have a couple of guys in new england (Jack Cotten, Russ Merrit) I think Otto may know someone. Then there are others up & down the east coast.

I would assume you would need to ship your core to them.

Russ just did TB member > Pronto's < of Nashua's trans. He said it came out AWSOME!

i bought a car that had a engine and tranny built by russ merritt and i have a whining noise in the tranny.engine is not pulling over 4500rpm and now a headgasket is leaking. the car has not been over 18# of boost and has methanol.i bought the car from a guy about 60 years old and i was told there was between 1000-2000 miles of all of it. and it had apparently another motor built that russ built and blew up while he was tuning for the methanol kit he installed. i am not happy because the only reason i bought the car was russ was suppose to have a good reputation and the main reason i bought the car was for the motor & tranny.i did not want to buy a project car i had enough of them already. form your own opinions but i know i am not happy :frown:

Shoulda PM'd me before you bought that POS....... Trans was the best thing on that car when it left here a year and half ago. Put it back together the way they wanted me to....Here ya go!

I could rain on your parade some more but I won't.......It's too late.

People LOVE puttin my name on thier junk to get top dollar when it's time to sell and only a few have been smart enough to ask me about the vehicle.....I won't sugar coat it, I'll tell you what's there and what's not........

All you gotta do is ask.

i bought a car that had a engine and tranny built by russ merritt and i have a whining noise in the tranny.engine is not pulling over 4500rpm and now a headgasket is leaking. the car has not been over 18# of boost and has methanol.i bought the car from a guy about 60 years old and i was told there was between 1000-2000 miles of all of it. and it had apparently another motor built that russ built and blew up while he was tuning for the methanol kit he installed. i am not happy because the only reason i bought the car was russ was suppose to have a good reputation and the main reason i bought the car was for the motor & tranny.i did not want to buy a project car i had enough of them already. form your own opinions but i know i am not happy :frown:

trans problem

I know how you feel had my car at he track for the first time and blew a headgasket two days later broke the bottom end, i too bought my car from a sixty year old man and he never said anything to me that there was a possibilty that the motor could blow a gasket or a bottom end if i raced it. I thought i was bullit proof with meth injection also, moral of the story is if you wanna play you gotta pay. Oh and i almost forgot russ installed a shift kit in my trans for free on has way to an out of state race with otto and that stock trans has taken alot of beatings (THANK'S RUSS) Trans shifts like no tommorow.

Do you know the tranny has been worked on before or did this just start? Recklessrob from Derry had his transmission done by someone in Hudson. It seems to be doing ok. He recently rebuilt his engine and it's holding up to it. He doesn't check this board much but you could email him and ask about that shop. I don't think Russ is doing much work anymore so that really cuts down on guys that know the 200r around here.
recklessrob@juno.com Here's his email. Expain the post on TB and your issues.

BTW, are you going to the Buick day in Sept at NED if your back in action? Don't know if you've met our little NH crew but we all should be there.

Russ did all that work well over a year if not 2 years ago.
You are not hte guy he did the work for.
So you think he should do something for a second owner 2 years after the work was done?

Russ did all that work well over a year if not 2 years ago.
You are not hte guy he did the work for.
So you think he should do something for a second owner 2 years after the work was done?

i know i am not the guy he did work for ! buti was told there was between 1000-2000 miles on everything and EVERYTHING was spotless so i believe it.and russ was suppose to have a great reputation that's why i bought this car.

work was done dec 06 jan 07 feb 07 about 14 months before i bought the car.

hey that's fine if doesn't want to do anything because i did not buy it from him directly.

there was $2500 in the tranny including parts ,labor & convertor.

in the engine there was another $5500 worth of reciepts for labor and parts.

and there were several other parts like turbo,injectors ,supposedly ported heads and intake that i don't have reciepts for.

all i am saying with these many thousands of dollars worth of parts and super low mileage on everything i don't think things should be breaking this soon.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Grumpy, Do you rebuild trannys? I want to go 10s but 11s are the immediate goal. Signature below is out dated. The Transmission is Bruces killer street but is 7 years old.
Russ is it true your done working on Buick? I was told you moved on to bigger and better things.

When is Buick day? I'm getting married on the 6 of sept and will be in CA until the 20.

so you are saying there is no warranty on a hi performance engine and trans after 2 years ??? I thought if you had someone build it they guaranteed it for life :confused: :p

i know i am not the guy he did work for ! buti was told there was between 1000-2000 miles on everything and EVERYTHING was spotless so i believe it.and russ was suppose to have a great reputation that's why i bought this car.

work was done dec 06 jan 07 feb 07 about 14 months before i bought the car.

hey that's fine if doesn't want to do anything because i did not buy it from him directly.

there was $2500 in the tranny including parts ,labor & convertor.

in the engine there was another $5500 worth of reciepts for labor and parts.

and there were several other parts like turbo,injectors ,supposedly ported heads and intake that i don't have reciepts for.

all i am saying with these many thousands of dollars worth of parts and super low mileage on everything i don't think things should be breaking this soon.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Like I said, you don't have a clue what your talkin about. get your facts straight. I didn't port the heads, do injectors or any of that crap....... Jimmy "hooked" you good........:D

Grumpy, Do you rebuild trannys? I want to go 10s but 11s are the immediate goal. Signature below is out dated. The Transmission is Bruces killer street but is 7 years old.
Russ is it true your done working on Buick? I was told you moved on to bigger and better things.

Yes I did move on, best call I ever made! I do still a little side work as long as your not in a hurry for it. If it is a killer street/strip, I could freshin it up probably pretty cheap dude. Hopefully it is a real PTS and it's not a he said, she said it was........ Like I said, if your not in a hurry, I can help you.....

When is Buick day? I'm getting married on the 6 of sept and will be in CA until the 20.

It's on Sept 20th. Too bad.

ttaowner, Although Russ worked on that car there is no way he can be resposible for the owner's work or abuse. Unfortunately it seems like the person your bought that car from was not telling you everything they knew about the car, regardless of who built what. You know the saying, let the buyer beware....

I don't think it is fair to throw this back on Russ... If anybody had a complaint about the car it should be the one that had the work done...

I bought several cars that had this done by this shop or that shop. Several have blown even had 3 trannies go bad... I wouldn't dare say well this shop owes me this or that... They didn't do the work for me so they don't owe me anything... Had reciepts for all of them too. You bought it used... You need to talk to the guy you bought it from instead of trying to knock Russ...