Anyone here in the upholstery business?

turbo39151

anycoloraslongasitsblack
I'm looking for someone who does this stuff for a living.

I have an 04 wrx. It's front seats are starting to look worn. Dealer wants nearly $400 a seat for new covers.
I'm wondering if I can pull mine off and send them to someone as a template and have them re-done at a more reasonable rate.

Anyone?

You'll likely be at $400 plus to have somebody copy your seat covers and make new ones. It's costing me $400 to just have a steering wheel recovered.

I figured it wouldn't be cheap but maybe a little cheaper than $400 a side!
Maybe I'll just buy some cheapie slip on covers off of ebay and call it good. :(

It's all labor. Think about how long it would take to pull all the seams with a seam puller, lay out all the pieces, make new patterns, and re-assemble. You're looking at several hours per cover. Nothing quality gets done for less than $100 an hour anymore, it adds up quick.

You could start skulking around fabric shops and find a nice old grandmother that might do it for you cheaper.

I don't think you'll find a better deal than $400 per seat. Keep in mind a headliner recover will cost you $100 easy and that's just gluing fabric on a board.