Anyone help with a turbo selection?

Torque Overhaul

I'm slowly piecing my turbo kit together, and I still lack a turbo. I was hoping you guys could give some advice. I have a 3.8 Series II motor in my GTP which I am converting to turbo. I picked up some turbo headers that happen to be a GN style setup(internal wastegate and has a 3 bolt flange). This will be my first turbo car and will be a learning experience, but at the same time I don't want to start with something small. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for the help guys.

The stall is not very large since it's a stock replacement TQ-2400 is factory I believe.

I also have 1.9 ratio modified rockers

I'm slowly piecing my turbo kit together, and I still lack a turbo. I was hoping you guys could give some advice. I have a 3.8 Series II motor in my GTP which I am converting to turbo. I picked up some turbo headers that happen to be a GN style setup(internal wastegate and has a 3 bolt flange). This will be my first turbo car and will be a learning experience, but at the same time I don't want to start with something small. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for the help guys.

The stall is not very large since it's a stock replacement TQ-2400 is factory I believe.

I also have 1.9 ratio modified rockers

I am not sure what your goals are, or how big your injectors are, or how much torque your transmission will take. A PTE6157 Ball Bearing Turbo would be fine for 2400 RPM stall. You might be a ble to go a little bigger as long as you stay with a Ball Bearing Turbo, but to really go noticable larger you will need a bigger stall converter, but on the other hand a little lag might help keep those front tires spinning all the time. That just my 0.02

I am not sure what your goals are, or how big your injectors are, or how much torque your transmission will take. A PTE6157 Ball Bearing Turbo would be fine for 2400 RPM stall. You might be a ble to go a little bigger as long as you stay with a Ball Bearing Turbo, but to really go noticable larger you will need a bigger stall converter, but on the other hand a little lag might help keep those front tires spinning all the time. That just my 0.02

Thanks for the response. The trans has been upgradded, and should be able to handle a good bit of abuse. As far as goals go, I would like to be in the low to mid 12's 1/4 mile. Injectors are 36lber's, but I will be upgrading to 60 pounders. Would that be a good low maintance starter turbo to go with? I was sifting through the classfieds and found a few, but were unsure if they would be right for my application. For example TA49 with a .82 AR