anyone have pics of G-body parts A-arms installed

chasmat2316

anyone ave pic's of G-body parts upper A-arms installed on a car? And how well do they hold up to street miles? Thanx!

No miles on them yet but here are some pics.

DSC01173.jpg

DSC01167.jpg

Jim

Thanx for the pics, I'm thinkin the upper ball joints are gona bind when the ft wheels hang at the angle the arms are on?

Here are some pics of mine on,

right_rotor.jpg

And here is a pic with the springs and everything hooked up. Granted that the springs havent settled yet and there is no weight on the front end yet. I imagine it will be ok when it is all said and done.

Braided_brake_lines_rh.jpg

jwillettgn-are you sure you put the correct side on that left front? Looks different than hunter alexande's pictures. Aren't these arms supposed to give more positive caster, for increased steering stability? This would put the spindle leaning back at the top, upper ball joint behind the lower ball joint. You would know for sure when you get a front end alignment. Too much negative caster=wrong side. Maybe it's just me or the pictures, but doesn't look right. HTH.

I wouldnt drive that car with a upper ball joint positioned that way. That does not look right at all

I wouldnt drive that car with a upper ball joint positioned that way. That does not look right at all

Whos car are you talking about.

I double checked mine with the original top A arms for the angle and such. To my knowledge, this is correct.

Once I get the rest of the front end on, everything should settle and it wont look all jacked up like that.

That's how they're supposed to look with the suspension unloaded.

My stockers looked exactly like that when I remove them. I actually had to tie the upper control arm to a jack and jack up the lower to get it seated.

Once I had the front end down and the it was sitting, it looked normal.

Your upper joints Never see that angle, unless you're Bo Duke:p

You could buy longer upper balljoints to help correct the angles. i think howe makes them but $85 each

a-arms

if i remember correctly the upper ball joint was biased toward the front of the car on the stock arms. As they sit on the car now, they are biased toward the front. As im looking at both mine and hunters pics they appear on the same way with the ball joint biased toward the steering linkage his pic is the pass side and mine is the drivers side so they do look diffrent. I may be wrong and will definatly check everything before it rolls out of the garage but i remember triple checking to make sure that they went on the way the stock ones came off. But, like i said i could very well be wrong:confused: The non existant instructions were very helpful