anyone else notice things have been slow in the for sale section?

Braciole

Has anyone else noticed the for sale section has been really slow? Not much buying or selling.

This suck butt economy might have something to do with that. :mad:

I know if I had a job, I'd be more worried about holding on to it than spending money.

I spent over a year and a half unemployed and got sick of that so said to hell with it all, and went on SSI. :mad:

BTW, what tech content do we have here. :rolleyes:

Took me almost a year to sell one of mine,nice driver car documented with pics etc. Couple years ago 12-13 easy. It's like Dave said in post #2 it will come back.

Go search Grand National on ebay then click on the completed listings on the left and look at car prices.......:(

Bad time to sell. Anyone who can wait will hopefully be better off. Hard to tell though. So many things can happen that effect things like this. They are surly not necessities. They are toys. Expensive and Addictive.

been selling parts for years guys and the summer time always SUCKS!!! when it gets cold and people start spending more time back inside it will pick back up i gurantee it! 2 weeks before christmas and 2 weeks after always sucks too!

if you have something to sell try craigslist i have awesome luck on there been doing great thanks to cl all summer long.

Unfortunately its a sign of the times.....I stopped buying the nice mint original 1986-1987 turbo regals 3 years ago after doing quite well in the 1990s and early 2000.....

The best time to buy was always between thanksgiving and christmas as that is when sellers had a tough time selling these cars.....now we concentrate on dismantled dead ones...

Values are down, all across the board.

I am registered on several other car boards and just read where one major publishing company is pulling the plug on their car magazines.

Look at the turbo buick world at the list of companies that have folded or moved on to other ventures....quite a lengthy list. Latest casuality was probably Postons. One that covered several car lines and was a customer of ours since the early 1980s was Paddock out of Indiana.

with unemployment at such a high rate....the effect hits us all.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

It is getting very hard to make a living at this these days. Many of our dealers (30+) have closed their doors. It is also getting harder and harder to build parts in quanity to keep prices down since the sales are not there to support having the inventory. Hopefully something will change soon
Mike

It is getting very hard to make a living at this these days. Many of our dealers (30+) have closed their doors. It is also getting harder and harder to build parts in quanity to keep prices down since the sales are not there to support having the inventory. Hopefully something will change soon
Mike

craigslist !

i use it all the time for buying and selling.i could not of got through the summer without it!!! it's free too! i usually adverise within a 2 driving distance and even offer to ship stuff for the lazy people. just a thought.i definately would not want to see you out of business especially since i bought a fuel pump from you a week ago!

craigslist !

i use it all the time for buying and selling.i could not of got through the summer without it!!! it's free too! i usually adverise within a 2 driving distance and even offer to ship stuff for the lazy people. just a thought.i definately would not want to see you out of business especially since i bought a fuel pump from you a week ago!

+1...People say its slow selling cars but have found great deals on SUV and trucks on craigslist needing mechanic work,interior work,trans work or even ready to go and just needing a good cleaning..I wont go into details but I can say this is helping me threw the tough times...I throw them right back on craigslist,for free, and they sell in 1-2 days max..If you can fix them up yourself or have a good/cheap group of interior,paint,trans guy and mechanics you can get things done alot cheaper than what people think it really cost to fix..

I just bought a 1 owner 1979 corvette 4 speed A/C car with all the factory window stickers and all paperwork,with 55,000 original miles on it for $2,200,he listed it in the parts for sale section as it had a rod knock(all fixed)..Im keeping that for my son..Dont forget the 1993 typhoon I got for $2,000 on craigslist and was in mint shape..

Here is my 1999 Expedition I sold yesterday,picked it up for $1200 and it has 114,000 miles on it..The deals are out there you just have to act FAST..CRAIGSLIST is the best thing out there...

2001gulf021.jpg

+1...People say its slow selling cars but have found great deals on SUV and trucks on craigslist needing mechanic work,interior work,trans work or even ready to go and just needing a good cleaning..I wont go into details but I can say this is helping me threw the tough times...I throw them right back on craigslist,for free, and they sell in 1-2 days max..If you can fix them up yourself or have a good/cheap group of interior,paint,trans guy and mechanics you can get things done alot cheaper than what people think it really cost to fix..

I just bought a 1 owner 1979 corvette 4 speed A/C car with all the factory window stickers and all paperwork,with 55,000 original miles on it for $2,200,he listed it in the parts for sale section as it had a rod knock(all fixed)..Im keeping that for my son..Dont forget the 1993 typhoon I got for $2,000 on craigslist and was in mint shape..

Here is my 1999 Expedition I sold yesterday,picked it up for $1200 and it has 114,000 miles on it..The deals are out there you just have to act FAST..CRAIGSLIST is the best thing out there...

2001gulf021.jpg

I agree deals exist no matter what your specialty is. I been rather fortunate, since getting out of the military in 1970 I never had to punch a time clock ever. While the current economy is definately weak, I am sure it pales compared to the depression of the 1930s....

Every one is looking to hit the home run.....or at least stay solvent.....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I've really only noticed the cars aren't selling like they were 2-3 years ago. Parts, they still seem to exchange hands ok IMO unless overpriced.

I actually think things are starting to look better. We went through the Barret Jackson stage that left everything extremely overpriced and untouchable to average people, that includes cars and car parts. Now, I seem to have no problem getting rid of my extra parts as long as I ask a cheap price. For me, I sell a bunch of parts cheap and leave the money in my paypal and eventually it helps me afford the more expensive aftermarket parts for my car. All in all, I feel things are getting back to where to where they were 7-8 years ago as far as prices go, which is ok to me! I'd rather sell cheaper and buy cheaper.