Anybody watch Pinks ?

Yeah, I know its for weight reduction, but its just ridiculous. "Wanna race half my car?"

Both drivers were on another board I frequent this week. The kid with the import pretty much acknowledged he f'd up. He got the car back for $300 the next day. He put it up for sale on the aforementioned board a short time later and said it was 557 HP, 397 ft./lbs. in the ad. He alleges that they were 'setup' and they had requested a high-10, low-11 second car. Lots of excuses: first time driving the car, stock axles so he couldn't run slicks, supposed to have a different driver, supposed to have different trans, 'the show' made him run radials, etc. The TA driver popped in and gave the Honda driver props. Said he definitely ran a 10 on the last pass.

The thread went 12 pages before it got locked. Locked because the imports guys are totally pissed off at this guy's showing. Put them back to the square one as far as credibility goes. I agree, but I don't know why some of these guys take it so personally. In theory they can now more easily catch the domestics off guard if they really have a fast import (they're out there, they're just not as prevalent as the domestics).

The Honda kid is taking a lot of crap for it, but at least he had the nads to go on the show. I'd never do it.

Jim

I watched the show, dropped my jaw when he asked for 20 length. Along with why challenge the other driver and then ask for lengths and stuff to take off of the other guys car before even running ''heads up''

I F-CKING HATE THE SHOW! But still watch it.

There should be a E/T Time up there when they run 'heads up' cause it'd be too hard for a lengths car. Not 'spotters'=gaaaaaaaaaay!

-Adam

My Opinions

The show is like a bad car crash, you don't want to stare but you just can't help to stare. :eek:

The host is a tool!.

As far as this weeks show goes, the 20yr old KID was an idiot "RICER". If you put a good driver in that car, it would have been a better show.

I have nothing but respect for the true import (or any make for that matter) enthusiasts :cool: . These are the people that make meaningful modifications their vehicles. Their cars are well thought out and executed, they don't look like something out of a comic book, and their car's bite is as vicious as it's bark.

I absolutly hate "RICERS" :mad: . These are the guys that have 3 diffrent colored body kits half hanging on, a wing that's twice the size of the actual car, and an vehicle that makes all kinds of rachet but hardly moves.

I'm not taking sides, I just try to look at both sides of the coin. :rolleyes: Because, you know that there is two sides to every coin. :biggrin:

Show was dumb. The kid came right off asking for lengthes without even running, I want 15 or whatever he said. How gay! Way to get domestic guys to take the import guys seriously. They should just do bracket racing, alot more skill to it and you have more idea of how fast the car is.

Beast_TR said:
They should just do bracket racing, alot more skill to it and you have more idea of how fast the car is.

There would be no drama, though. The best part of the show (if there is a best part) is the negotiation and then watching the results of the negotiation. Howver, on that episode no amount of negotiation was going to help that kid. He brought a knife to a gun fight. It may not have been his fault (the show sets up the races), but that's what happened.

Jim