Anybody watch Pinks ?

whitehot84

The import boys just about cried when they lost their POS. I think they really believed they could win.
AND what's with 20 car lengths ????? What a joke.
These guys need to stick to racing each other. It will give them a feeling of speed. :eek:

I have never laughed so hard in my life. Oh, I really liked the part were they were claming sabotage... typical import tuner excuse.

LOL I saw that beating.

Ricers are consistently stupid....They were out there on street tires tryin to race a supercharged smallblock on a slick? Like the commercial says...BRILLIANT!!! I can imagine what the import forums are saying right now :D . I love the part at the end when the driver of the Trans am asked Ricer Boy "Does this thing get good gas mileage?" Classic! :eek:

That show is so gay. Whats the point is removing horsepower from your car, or giving so many lengths. I could see giving a length or a jump to take some skill out, but this show is ridiculous. The host is so gay, I wish someone would squeeze his skinny veiny head til its pops. Whats with his karate kid poses? They never show the ets, so you never know how fast these cars really are, and those commercial breaks, everytime they launch. Sorry, I just watched it, and regret it. Venting :)

VADER said:
That show is so gay. Whats the point is removing horsepower from your car, or giving so many lengths. I

They never show the ets, so you never know how fast these cars really are, and those commercial breaks, everytime they launch. Sorry, I just watched it, and regret it. Venting :)

I agree with the horespower thing. Every race in my opinion should be heads up.

The et thing is so gay, why not run a tree? That would be cooler, no argueeing over jumping cause you have the lights ect.....

i think the show is o.k to watch,they bargain for the hopes of wining a car(if they even do)..i agree the host is such a goof ball and thinks he is the man,but must not realize how stupid looking he is..how he says"lets race"with the close up of his skinny boned ugly mug is a classic :biggrin: ..heck even big bird would do the trick better,just move when he starts flopping his wings :D just get rid of this host...

Heads up racing.

They showed back to back episodes tonight, the ricer getting whipped was the last one. But the first episode was two hard core guys, they went heads up all night but there was some power concessions agreed to on the vette. The loser in the Nova gave no excuses---he simply said that that Vette was fast out of respect. Gotta say I would hang out with both of those guys---they were old school, and gave a lesson on how to race and conduct the pre-race bullsh*tin. All the ricers should have taken notes.

From the conversations I think the Ricers were expecting to gain some respect. All that went out the window with the 20 car head start. Duh!!!! :confused:
The old school racers were real street racers obviously. Run what you brung and no excuses. Good race.
The host is such a dweeb. Vin Diesel wannabe.

It is entertaining though. I'd rather watch that then re-runs of Friends or some of the other crap on cable now adays.

What kind of a moron doesn't put slicks on their car if they have the power to liquify the tires? He must of been hoping to sandbag and then put on his slicks and win.

I loved how they cried about the alcohol injection. Yeah lets unhook this so we can detonate and blow our motor. What a bunch of retards.

They should have done run whatcha brung. Heads up on slicks and the T/A on juice. It would have been devastating.

I loved how he gave the civic a 2 car lead and then put 7 cars on him at the big end. Without the spray. HAHAHA.

And what kind of 20 year old can afford to build a turbo 4-cyl that puts out supposed 600 hp? Mommy and daddy financed that car no doubt.

I would love to see a TR on there. You know how easily you could sand bag if you had a boost controller in the cockpit? run it at like 12 psi for the first couple, then on the final crank that **** up to like 24 lbs. :biggrin:

So I read on another forum he bought the civic back and then sold it online so the kid no longer has it. He said it put down 558 hp at 28 psi. Thats a lot for a 4-cyl. Said it went 12.1 at 93mph due to a bad distributor. Thats pretty sorry.

Anyway here's a little humor for ya.

pinks0nv.jpg

rtviper said:
Auto Racing now has their own w.w.f. series, its called Pinks. Its staged

D you really think that? How do you know? If it is that is a kick to the gonads :D

Yes I really think that. Think about it. Would anyone with a nice car they race, stage a race and then guess how much of a headstart one car should get. If they lose the race and really lose the car it would be becuase of a bad guess not a better car or better drivers. There have been many rumors about the cars being returned to the owners and shops slamming a car together to get the advertising. How is giving another car a headstart based on negotiations really a race or any measure of driver abiltiy? When you hear that much yelling and posturing it is usually to detract from the actual event like Pro Wrestling. If you watch any of the NHRA sports Compact races it is the same, all hype and boasting and then several single car races down the track. Too each his own, I lasted about 10 minutes of 1 show. That is about twice as long as the W.W.F. event I tried to watch.

rtviper said:
Auto Racing now has their own w.w.f. series, its called Pinks. Its staged

That is not totally true, I have a friend that has won and lost a car there.

John you said not totally true. What did you mean by that? Partially true? Did your friend take his personal car that he has had for a long while and enter or did he use a expendable car? It sounds strange that with all the car owners around your friend has been on twice? John with what you know would you take your stage car and enter it in the series? Some of the contestants have even had prior agreements to buy back their cars? Again a rumor I cant confirm.

I was at a taping of the show in Atco NJ at Atco Raceway. The race takes place and if someone negotiates 15 mins to work on a car they get 15 mins and then they are called to the line...from a time point of view everything is real. There are no 'takes or cuts' the filming is constant.

Alot of what they show on the TV show is edited, but rest assure there is ALOT of sh!t talking going on during the tapings. When all the dust settled and the winner was awarded another persons car it was apparent that he was taking it.

However 1-2 hours later I saw the gentleman that 'lost' his car loading it back up on his trailer!?
(Maybe he was transporting it for the guy that won it?)

I am not sure if the show is real (many probably agree to sell their cars back), but from a safety point of view I can tell you that the setting as well as 'tapings' of the show are DANGEROUS! People were standing much to close to cars while they were running and the amount of people around the cars during the burnout was an accident waiting to happen.

rtviper said:
John you said not totally true. What did you mean by that? Partially true? Did your friend take his personal car that he has had for a long while and enter or did he use a expendable car? It sounds strange that with all the car owners around your friend has been on twice? John with what you know would you take your stage car and enter it in the series? Some of the contestants have even had prior agreements to buy back their cars? Again a rumor I cant confirm.

My friend went down in January with his team and one of his personal cars.
The team decided to buy a car while down at the race and not use his.
The won the car they raced and came home with 3 cars.

This same friend and his team just got back two weeks ago from fiming another Pinks Show. They did not bring a car. They bought one that was a series favorite. They lost the car and came home with less than nothing.

You can make agreements to buy your car back before you race.
This does not happen for all the races.

I would never take my car for three reasons.
1 - It will never run.
2 - I would not want to risk losing it, if it ever did run.
3 - I am not a gambler.

I think the guy with the civic did lose his car. If you notice as the races go on, there are many pieces of it missing. Maybe he was just starting to give the other guy the pieces.

What is the deal with doing that? Are ricers against racing the whole car? Its like having a hot dog eating contest, and removing the hot dog itself to win while the other people eat the whole thing, bun and all.

VADER said:
I think the guy with the civic did lose his car. If you notice as the races go on, there are many pieces of it missing. Maybe he was just starting to give the other guy the pieces.

What is the deal with doing that? Are ricers against racing the whole car? Its like having a hot dog eating contest, and removing the hot dog itself to win while the other people eat the whole thing, bun and all.

Weight reduction :D Just like all the 14 sec. cars with only a drivers seat, saved em .2 sec!!! Thats fast man!!! :D :D