Anybody build a double pumper?

BEATAV8

The Engine Whisperer
I'm looking to install a double pumper. May just call Quad Air and go that route, but also considering building one using parts from racetronix.

Racetronix - Double Pumper Parts

Looks like building one "DIY" could pricey by the time you buy the small parts, pumps, new sending unit assembly, wiring, hobbs switch, etc...

I thought about doing the same thing until I found a reds unit on egay for a decent price. Now that I have seen one in person there really isnt much to them. I really think you could find most of the parts needed at Lowes.
Hell both my pumps dont even rest in the pump holder correctly. Not sure why you cant just hose clamp the pumps to the sender. I still have not installed mine so if you want some detailed pictures I can help you out.

I built mine. It's not that hard to do. You just need a good Y fiiting - built that too.

Attachments

• DblPump.jpg
    DblPump.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 625
Thanks guys, especially for the pics.

The Racetronix kit, with all the options and little parts runs $280
2 new 340 pumps another $200.
A new Spectra pump hanger / sending unit costs another $100 from rockauto.

Looks like it would run close to $600 for all the parts "brand new".

I wonder if it would turn out "better" than a quad air unit?

No it will not. The plastic hoses the racetronics kit uses are a pain. Red's set up is very clean and easy to install.

very easy answer - no. Buy it and you're done except for the installation.

I would use fuel injection high pressure screw clamps if possible. They won't tear up the hose and will be less likely to leak over time. I have had the regular screw clamps leak after a while and lose pressure.

very easy answer - no. Buy it and you're done except for the installation.

+1
And no hassle trying to purchase the right Racetronics parts, they're not the greatest to deal with if you have any questions, and they have no phone number to contact them.

Bryan

You can't compare the wiring system we manufacture to the basic one with the QA unit. Ours is far more comprehensive and feature packed.

We prefer the plastic fuel tubes to avoid problems with today's fuel. Fuel tubes are used in all new production vehicles. Fuel tubes also help dampen pump noise.

G7DP.jpg

Dp

RA double pumper is complete and hassle free. If you have questions you can call them. They also back up there product.

You can't compare the wiring system we manufacture to the basic one with the QA unit. Ours is far more comprehensive and feature packed.

We prefer the plastic fuel tubes to avoid problems with today's fuel. Fuel tubes are used in all new production vehicles. Fuel tubes also help dampen pump noise.

G7DP.jpg

I use the Racetronix Harness on mine great kit, I also like the idea to change the main pump to exercise them:biggrin:probably more money but like mine better . All stainless!! now I just need those new E85 pumps

I also use the Racetronix Harness & its very nice! I like the option of main pumps & the pump on lite for 2nd pump. Years ago someone (sorry I forget your name??) was selling a Y Block that used 3 stock pulsator washers to seal the tubes with & then I got the $20 a ft line & clamps. Works great & with the fitting I could make another in a few hours. just cant get those fittings now. I started on a spare years ago & then forgot about it. made an aluminum base to hold the pumps with some good tie wraps. Maybe I should finish it with another Y & sell it? :)

Actually the Aluminum Block is similar to the plastic one in other thread as those washers look like pulsator washers.

I silver soldered this Y to my stainless sender

Attachments

• Stainless Y.jpg
    Stainless Y.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 414