Any tuners in Hampton Roads area?

72gremlin

I just got my first turbo Regal and need to find a good mechanic/tuner for my car. Anyone out there?

Thanks Eric in Norfolk

I don't know of any local ones...forum member Steve V can help u with repairs and keep it running well. I'm in norfolk as well. Haven't seen yours on the road yet

Thanks for the help. I bought the blue '87 Limited that for sale back a couple months ago. I actually can use some help soon because it back fired thru the intake today when I started it to move it out of the garage and now it fast idles at 2k rpms. I haven'y driven since. How do I get in touch with Steve V?

Thanks again

I don't know of any local ones...forum member Steve V can help u with repairs and keep it running well. I'm in norfolk as well. Haven't seen yours on the road yet
I am local just not next door. About 1 hr from most places in tidewater/Hampton Roads area. I believe Surry is considered Hampton Roads:tongue:

Eric,my contact info is in my sig. E mail/PM is best. I work 7-6 Mon-Fri and some Sats at my regular job(not buicks) and I have a newborn so life is busy but I do still get with people quickly. Let me know you list of items the car needs and we can go from there. I have plenty of references on this board as to my work eithic search my user name.

Sounds like your TPS is adjusted incorrectly.

Im in NC and Ive pretty much dropped out of the Buick game but Id be willing to do some minor stuff for you. I just dont have the facility to do engines, etc any more.

See I think the seven cities when I think local!! Still recommend you though! lol

72gremlin: do you have a scanmaster?

WH1 - yes I have a Scanmaster, I think it is a 2.0?....thats all I know about them. I've read about them butthis is my first car with an ecm so its all Greek to me. I am open to help though.

JayC - thanks for the offer, where in NC are you?

I talked with the guy I bought it from and he said try pulling the chip (TurboTweak) and reinstalling it. Their site does say that the chip may cause a fast idle of 2K rpms....

WH1 - yes I have a Scanmaster, I think it is a 2.0?....thats all I know about them. I've read about them butthis is my first car with an ecm so its all Greek to me. I am open to help though.

JayC - thanks for the offer, where in NC are you?

I talked with the guy I bought it from and he said try pulling the chip (TurboTweak) and reinstalling it. Their site does say that the chip may cause a fast idle of 2K rpms....

Fast idle is usually the TPS being out of whack.

Im outside of Raleigh. Im really only interested in doing anything that doesnt require going too deep into the engine so if you need something beyond a timing chain changed out or valve cover/intake gaskets replaced, I may not be your best choice. I am certainly capable of doing about anything with these cars... 24 years in the game will do that to you.. I just dont have space for a long drawn out project at this point and time.

If you have the instructions you can check your TPS settings to see what they are. If you don't you can find the info online...or if you are close to NOB go get the car and bring it here and I can show you! Serious on that last part..I'm at work on base but doing nothing really right now.

Thats a wee bit far from me. I have a friend in Asheboro thats into these cars. His name is Bill K and he owns a shop there in Asheboro maybe you know him...

Thats a wee bit far from me. I have a friend in Asheboro thats into these cars. His name is Bill K and he owns a shop there in Asheboro maybe you know him...

Nope.. Ashboro is a long ways from me. Plus Ive pretty much removed myself from any involvement with Buicks other than this board. After making and selling products for the cars for over 20 years, I finally decided I had had enough. I was just offering to help you out because I didnt know if there was anyone else close to you that could work on these cars.

Good luck!

Asheboro? Had to look it up!!!! lol...what section of Norfolk are you in?

I'm on the border of Va Beach and Norfolk near just south of the 264 & Military Hwy interchange. A couple blocks away from where the Tide train makes its last stop.

Ahh, k. U r 10 to 15 minutes away from me and the base I work on. I don't work on actual NOB but the NATO base across the street and down terminal

Cool. Let me know if want to stop by some time. Once I get the wheel/tire combo right and get her running right again we should meet up anyway.

Eric

If you want some help learning how to play with the scanmaster and trying to figure out why you got the 'feedback' just let me know and I can swing by over the weekend of tomorrow afternoon (the people I deal with tomorrow don't like to work past 1300 on fridays because they are stationed in Florida...lol)