Any reviews of Revolution-X torque converters from Full Throttle?

64 Views and no one has anything to say about this converter. I know FTS sells good products, so I was hoping someone would post and tell us how the tc worked on their car.

FTS sent me an e mail I know there advertising a billet unit stating 2000 HP capabilities!! Its gonna be interesting to see where this Revolution X goes!!
Suscribed!!

why not go with a PTC. its PROVEN and in every single fast ass TSM car and TSO car basically. I jus don't see the need in reinventing the wheel wen the wheel is perfectly round already.....

I believe they are getting them made at edge racing converter . If so I have been running there converter for years and have never had a issue . I have changed my setup a few times and took my converter in to them and they would re stall it for me . Right now I'm running there NL 9" in my 400 and love it

why not go with a PTC. its PROVEN and in every single fast ass TSM car and TSO car basically. I jus don't see the need in reinventing the wheel wen the wheel is perfectly round already.....

I am just asking for feedback about a new product.....nothing more. Maybe the info will help someone else decide what tc to purchase.

I believe they are getting them made at edge racing converter .

I had heard that so I had called FTS before I posted this thread and asked if their new tc was really an Edge and I was told it was not. I too have an Edge (3000 lu) and it is great on the street.

R&R TQ here. I have run others that were rebuilt and done incorrectly. I run lockup, and the lockup clutches went out. Converted motor to stroker IC, internal balance engine. Said converter needed rebuilt with additional clearance for SFI flexplate...they took clearance from the case, and the stator was jammed into the case, would not allow input shaft to seat properly. Not a FTS unit, others mentioned. Now, FF to the R&R....good stuff. I would try them if I were not being compensated by a dealer that made it right with a different brand, and almost bought a FTS. Keep us posted.

Not everyone is running an 800-1000hp drag car. Some drive on the street and want some street manners to do it with. Not to discount Dusty and his product as the unit and service are at the top.
I cant get that R&R link to open. I'd like to check them out.
I use a place local to me for converter stuff. Much easier to get it restalled without the shipping hassle and wait time. I will say how small the circle of people who do good work is. And they all seem to at least know of each other.

Not everyone is running an 800-1000hp drag car. Some drive on the street and want some street manners to do it with. Not to discount Dusty and his product as the unit and service are at the top.
I cant get that R&R link to open. I'd like to check them out.
I use a place local to me for converter stuff. Much easier to get it restalled without the shipping hassle and wait time. I will say how small the circle of people who do good work is. And they all seem to at least know of each other.

I got my R&R through Lonnie. He gets a better deal since he does so many. Plus he can get a quick turn around where others may be on a waiting list. R&R has a decent FB page as well.

No doubt PTC is the best.

The FTS Rev X units are supposed to deliver similar performance at a much lower cost. Close to a PTC but not quite as good.

I'm gonna try one in a mid 10 sec build.

Lonnie just recommended an R&R to me too. Don't know anything about them. I did find their FB page though. Seems to have happy customers.

When dealing with converters, tou have to understand the challenge. We are running a v6 with less than 200hp all motor. We need this v6 to flash the converter to a high enough rpm to allow a turbo to spool up, then within a few hundred rpm of spool up, 300 to 500hp is dumped on it, and in a very limited rpm range. More power equals higher flash, higher rpm allows coupling. You need a good converter that will flash and couple in the rpm range your engine and turbo combo will be happy in.
A typical turbo ls is already making 400+hp all motor to stall a converter, spools larger turbos at a lower rpm, then has 6500+rpm to make a converter couple.

No doubt PTC is the best.

The FTS Rev X units are supposed to deliver similar performance at a much lower cost. Close to a PTC but not quite as good.

I'm gonna try one in a mid 10 sec build.
Sub'ed.....Post the FTS results here if you don't mind..thanks.

The one i used in my own car performed extremely well at the sub 10.50 power level and maintained good coupling at high 9 sec power in a 3600lb car. It performed better than any other sub $1000 converter I have ever used and I've used a lot over the years. It was a non lockup and I can say it is on par with a 9.5" PTC for as fast as 95% on here will ever go at the sub 10.0 level. The converter was a little too loose with 9.50 power thrown at it however I'm sure it could be adjusted a little tighter with some sacrifice on spool up. It can be ordered with a mechanical diode for extra strength over a sprag setup for an additional fee. I will also say that the last one I ordered I requested it be a little tighter down low (2500-2600@0) and very tight on flash for a stock head/cam application that would be very similar to a stock d5 at flash performed exactly as i requested. This converter design allows us to cover the gap between 57mm and 62mm turbines very well when still retaining the low revving stock cam and lousy stock heads and not blowing through a converter up top that's very loose down low that would normally be found in a car. The converter is the single most overlooked component of a quick running drag car. You simply can't make a lousy converter design perform like a good one. Your cars performance will show it. It's amazing everyone knows what turbo they have and how much boost they run but have very little attention is paid to the converters reaction when hit with some high power. If you had a 12.0 car and the converter was working well and you want to run 10.0 the same converter isn't going to work well regardless of the "stall" advertised. The engine has to be in the power band the entire time it's going down the quarter mile or it will not run anywhere near what it could. There is no rule for rpm drop on a shift either. You could have a 200-300rpm drop and slow down if you shifted later or were blowing through the converter then floating the valves.