Any pics of TA down pipe?

turbojoe1

Does anyone have any pics of they're TA down pipe? 3" or 3.5 external gate preferably.

The thing is I sold my 3" ex gate GN1 last year to make back some needed money, and now that I'm ready to start piecing things together again, I see all these negative threads regarding the gn1 piece.
And so with all that said, i'll spend the extra coin for the TA, but it it worth it? Better built? Polished SS? Bolting flange thickness? Ext..........
I don't want to bring up the bad blood between the two, I just want to spend my money on the right piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I purchased a 3 1/2 downpipe from TA Performance, Terry Houston style with the wastegate internal. I am going to be installing within the next week or so. I'd be glad to take and post pics once it's in. I thought the Company itself was great to deal with. I bought from TA as they were highly recommended from a Club Owner in my neck of the woods that has installed quite a few of their downpipes.

I believe the ta and rjc pipe are the same buy with confidence and have no worries.selling the gn1 probably the best thing you did.

Thank you gentleman, and I'd be really interested in seeing some of those pics.

I snapped a quick picture last night when I was test fitting. I took off the pass side manifold and cross over as I had a leak on the manifold anyway. Sure makes test fitting breeze. I am still working on the WG port. I'll take another pic upon final install with everything in place. So far there are no clearance problems and I have not had to adjust the turbo at all how it sat from stock.

Attachments

• 102_0397.JPG
    102_0397.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 569
Nice how does it line up with your test pipe or cat?

Everything so far looks to be lining up really well. Being that I am taking it in and out to keep checking the WG puck porting i havent bolted the dump pipe and exhaust all together. But it couldnt look better the way it looks to be lining up. If its off there would be enough play in the exhaust hangers to attach.

I finished porting the WG and then bolted everything together to check clearances and how the test pipe lined up with the rest of the exhaust. Everything lined right up and fits great. I did not need alter the DP at all and I have about 3/4" clearance between the bottom of the pipe and the control arm where the DP typically hits where it angles toward under the car. Next step will be install the exhaust manifolds and final bolt everything together. Will take a couple more pictures when final install is done. I couldn't be happier with this pipe. Way to go TA!

This TA 3" DP is a few years old, perfect fit at both ends. Has been on 2 motor and header combinations. This photo it is mounted on TA SS replacement headers and TA Aluminum heads, the other was all stock parts.

Attachments

• IMG_0372.JPG
    IMG_0372.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 448
It looks like it's kind of close to the a/c lines is that an issue? Also I have heard some report that it will melt the plastic inner fender did you guys have that happen?

I have had no issues with mine.... works great street and track use, 100+ degree days.

3 inch from ta performance. Pricey but fit was perfect.

Attachments

• 1424058415824.jpg
    1424058415824.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 265
I've got a 3" TA on my car, fit is perfect. Go for it and don't Think twice, it's well worth it. I can take a pic later after work.