Any opinions on my future combo??

PhilthMonger

in the middle of freshening up my GN, just resealed the whole motor and replaced alot of odds and ends. the turbo is blasted, so it looks like its time to upgrade. I'm leaning toward a PT-54, with maybe some 50lb injectors. this is primarily a daily driver, so I don't want to get too crazy....but it would be nice to drop a 12 at the local track when I feel like it. no race gas, just pump....and I want to be able to turn up the wick in case I get bored :D . I also have a new 10" converter, which was installed already, has a 3000rpm stall. what do you guys think???

A 61 or a 52 maybe not enough stall for a 54 or 62.

I think Ed Baker runs a 3400 stall with his 54 and thinks its about the right amount. I wish I had 3300-3400 with my 62.

PTE recommends a 3000 minimum stall on most of their 60 trim turbo's, so I figured I would be safe if I picked a turbo in that range. decisions decisions....

Yea I had a 2800 del-trans w/ my TE-54 and it was just a little tight so I would think a 3000 would be just right . Just my .02,
Jay

sweet....I might go with the 54 then. think 50 lb injectors would be enough for now, I would think they would give me room to play, but then again I get bored easily. for now I want a quick daily driver, maybe pull a 12.xx for now. I want to enjoy the car for awhile before i break it. I see Siemens and Delphi injectors out there, any preference?

Last year I went 12.66 on 94-Octane Sunoco - no alky. That was with a TA-49, stock engine, FMIC, Red Stripes, through the stock muffler. I did have slicks - launched at about 2psi - had a 1.79 sixty-foot. I was running about 16 psi in third and a 20 deg. chip. The car will run 11's if I "turn up the wick" with good gas.

I'm not trying to show-off or anything, but I'm thinking that a 54 may be a little large for what you're trying to achieve. If you just want to run 12's on pump gas, and be solid 11-second capable on good gas, then I think you can make do with a much smaller and more streetable turbo. Tuning is (of course) the key. I love having a turbo that spools instantly - makes the little stoplight wars a lot more interesting.

Of course, if you're looking for low-11's or 10's, forget everything I just said.

Just some food for thought. Not trying to smear anyone. Sometimes alternate opinions are a good thing.

Later,