Any Central or Northern Cal shops?

#1HotRod

Are there any recommended shops in Central or NorCal? Having ignition/electrical issues. Cam sensor checks ok & swapped out ign module & coil pack for set known to work. Car ran fine for 20 mi or so, then all over again. Poor starting led to running poorly (like loss of power) & had to baby it home. It did a low volume backfire that sounded like through the intake, and did it again later when trying start it. I am horrible at these type issues & need someone experienced. Local shops are afraid to accept the car, others I don't feel comfortable with. So Cal is a long ways, but I'd bite bullet if they good for these issues.

I'm in SoCal and could take a look for you . Shoot me a message if u want to set something up .

Most shops have no clue how to trouble shoot these cars, as they do not have the experience, probably not a 30 year old scan tool either, and the major issue is they have no spare parts as the factory manual states you need to change parts, especially electrical components, to chase problems,

Only my guess, I would start by replacing the MAF, and from there it could be the ECM?

[QUOTE="Nick Micale, I would start by replacing the MAF, and from there it could be the ECM?[/QUOTE]
Got it running & unplugged the MAF, that made no difference while idling (car recently left me stranded a coupla times so was afraid operate it on street). Also unplugged & reconnected that ECM connection near the battery. It had started dieing while being operated then wouldn't start (luckily I have a cell phone & trailer). Got it starting & runing fine y'day, drove fine around neighborhood, so later drove it to work (3.5 miles). Yep, it did it again, started running poorly but made it to parking garage. Coupla hours later started/ran long enough get it on trailer, where it now sits back at home. Insured for quoted value, perhaps a bonfire will fix it :mad:.
Nick, lots these cars in SoCal, weather is nicer, you could move shop to say San Diego?

had a similar problem with my T a while back... turned out to be a faulty caspers LED cam sensor cap... Do you have one on the car? have you tried pulling connector and letting it run in batch fire? I know you wrote you checked it all but mine checked out okay with a similar problem and after going to a low mile stock cap the issue went away

had a similar problem with my T a while back... turned out to be a faulty caspers LED cam sensor cap... Do you have one on the car? have you tried pulling connector and letting it run in batch fire? I know you wrote you checked it all but mine checked out okay with a similar problem and after going to a low mile stock cap the issue went away