Buick Tune Shops around Central IL?

Daniel Jost

Squirtin six
Hello,

A friend of mine is looking to have his GN tuned within 3 hours of us in Central IL. We talked with Cal about coming in but he does not work with the Megasquirt 3 systems.

I am looking for someone that has a good reputation in the Buick community that is familiar with the 4.1's. It was just built by Weber Racing and is a forged 4.1 stroker with ported GN1 heads and intake with all the other supporting mods.

For now I just did a real conservative tune on it so he can drive it around and enjoy it a little but I don't feel comfortable turning up the wick on his $15K engine. I am very familiar with the MS3 systems and could help a tuner do what he wants to do with the tuning but I don't want to support the liability and or cause bad blood between friends if something was to happen since I am not familiar with what the timing/fueling needs are of an engine like this.

Thanks, Dan

not sure how far away you are, but you could give Modern Muscle, in Plainfield, IL a call and see if they can help.

Might want to give Redline Motorsports out of Bloomington a call.
I have heard nothing but good things about their tuning abilities. I don't know anyone that's had a TR done by them but really our cars aren't that different from another boosted application.
They have tuned some pretty wicked forced induction stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might want to give Redline Motorsports out of Bloomington a call.
I have heard nothing but good things about their tuning abilities. I don't know anyone that's had a TR done by them but really our cars aren't that different from another boosted application.
They have tuned some pretty wicked forced induction stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am very familiar with Redline, we dyno'd my brother's Turbo Blazer there and I am having them tune a customer's LS7 RX7 I am building now. I will talk to them about the turbo buick when I'm down there.

Thanks, Dan