Anti Freeze Type

blipmode188

I am getting ready to put my GN up for the winter and thought it would be a good idea to change the anti freeze
Years ago you had to select certain formulas for different cars and was wondering is there anything i should watch out for. Im not sure how much aluminum there is in these cars, like the heads etc and would appreciate any input.
Also any thing to watch out for ?
Dont know that much about these cars
Just going to let it run while draining, with a fresh water supply until it runs fairly clear.
Thanks Steve

PS I had somewhat of a rich running condition and added the STABIL fuel stabalizer and for some reason it seems to run much better and less rich.
Anyone expierence anything like that ?

Go to your toyota dealer and get toyota anti freeze. It is silica free which means when you blow a head gasket and the coolant gets in the oil, it wont completely destroy everything if you catch it soon eneough. Should say silica free on the back somewhere. Its pricey (15-20) a gallon but worth not doing a motor rebuild.

The old school green stuff is all I will use. Classic slimer from ghost busters green in color, no wierd tints that some new antifreezes have.

Then I flush and change it every 20K miles.

Go to your toyota dealer and get toyota anti freeze. It is silica free which means when you blow a head gasket and the coolant gets in the oil, it wont completely destroy everything if you catch it soon eneough. Should say silica free on the back somewhere. Its pricey (15-20) a gallon but worth not doing a motor rebuild.

See, that sounds even better!

yes, stay away from the dexcool. totally. of course you know, never to add tap water. never. flushing the engine is ok, but never 'top off' the system with it. only purified water.

Anyone know the coolant capacity off the top of your head?

Err nevermind found it in my shop manual. About 13 qts. Guess I'll run Toyota red coolant next time. I've read wonderful things about it on ToyotaNation.com and I run it in my Camry like you're supposed to even though I beat the crap out of that car.