another proposed class: Buick outlaw 8.5

When I think s2 with an 88, I think a 5.1-5.3 car. I think a 5.5 (hopefully slower) class would draw the most people. Only a handful of 88 cars out there. Tons of 76 and smaller turbo cars. A 5.6-6.2 class would be ideal Imo.

We've already ran 5.40's on a 275/50 radial with a S2 and an 88mm. I'd say the 88mm would be a huge advantage even in the 1/8th mile so the smaller turbo would be needed to keep them close.

I think the 76 is good becuase it's power limit is right below where a stage motor gets really expensive. You can get away with a forged crank and just about any stage block. In my opinion an 88 can make enough that you should really consider a billet crank and a crossbolted stage block or ta block. Same for a transmission, an average th400 with an input shaft can probably live behind the power a 76 can make.

I just bought a brand new 88 3 days ago and if this type of class happens I will buy a turbo to fit it. I think it would be a fun class besides the 3 or 4 car turnout classes we have now.

I would vote for radials only if hoosiers are aloud. If no hoosiers, than 26x8.5 slicks only. Didn't somebody on here try a radial class and put some stupid rules to go with it already?

I would vote for radials only if hoosiers are aloud. If no hoosiers, than 26x8.5 slicks only. Didn't somebody on here try a radial class and put some stupid rules to go with it already?

I think the class you're talking about is for street radials.

I would like to run Hoosiers too, but I'm going to abide by the local rules so I don't have to change tires. Any 275/60 should be good.

This should be good for ths, tsm and tsl cars.

I think it should be 26x8.5 only. Reason being, I see the 275/60 as a major advantage especially the hoosier which is 10" wide. Plus the mt and hoosier are taller and a stiffer sidewall.

But, it it helps car count...i would think a m/t and no hoosier would be alright. Maybe if a bunch of us can get a class like this up and going we can do a vote.

I think it should be 26x8.5 only. Reason being, I see the 275/60 as a major advantage especially the hoosier which is 10" wide. Plus the mt and hoosier are taller and a stiffer sidewall.

But, it it helps car count...i would think a m/t and no hoosier would be alright. Maybe if a bunch of us can get a class like this up and going we can do a vote.

Agreed! Like the m/t 275 rule. I already have them as alot of people do. If it didn't fit I would go get a tire that would fit most likely

Agreed! Like the m/t 275 rule. I already have them as alot of people do. If it didn't fit I would go get a tire that would fit most likely
the m/t is 8.9" wide and 27.1" tall. The hoosier is about the same size as a 10.5x28. That makes the m/t pretty close to a 8.5. It puts the hoosier in a whole different class Imo.

Kevin, why don't you call around and see how many of the TSM, TSO and TSL races would be will to change over as that would give you a good idea of car count as those are guys already out there racing? As always let me know how I can help you.

See ya, Kip

I like the rules, count me in!! Any way we could have this class at the Nationals?

Kind of just brainstorming now and seeing if there is any interest. Would be cool to have hybrids like yours!
I wonder if this class would bring more people out to the events?

Kind of just brainstorming now and seeing if there is any interest. Would be cool to have hybrids like yours!
I wonder if this class would bring more people out to the events?

Kevin if you can find a way to fund it I would run it in NC in 2012 maybe on a friday along with TSR. Get your rules done and lemme know, Its already 1/8th mile here anyway so might as well...

like it

I would definetly bring a set of tires for this. Wouldn't the appropriate radial be a 275/50? Let V8 cars in with up to a 76. They won't be faster, just more reliable. Maybe nitrous shot for Buick V8 only?

Clint, we will see if the interest is there. Thanks!

What is the equivalent in the buick v8 world to a v6 with a 76? Nitrous orifice size?

Another thing that could be added is:
Any car that is buick bodied and powered by any other brand is allowed but must be a stock block engine with a max 76 turbo or 125 shot of nitrous. These entrants must weight at least 3350