Basic rules:
1/8th mile
8.5x26 tire
76mm turbo limit
Stock block wieght = 3250
Stage 2 wieght = 3350
Hybrids allowed
stock wheel base for car
Must be a buick v6....maybe also try to find a way to fit the v8 buick guys in also.

Takes place of tsm and tso and heads up v8. All in one class.

What do you all think?

I'm sure the TSL guys would jump into this class, especially at that weight. Are DR's allowed in?

I'm sure the TSL guys would jump into this class, especially at that weight. Are DR's allowed in?

Not sure on the tire. Most classes like this use that exact tire as the limiting factor in the class.

A few reasons why this class would be awesome:

Because its 1/8th, cars that are 1 second apart in the 1/4 would only be .3-.4 apart in the 1/8th. That time can be made up easily on the pro tree and the 60' because of the small tire. Harder for one person to rule the class. Easier on the equipment. Closer racing. Bring a few classes together. Less rules. More people can play. None of the rules will take away from your car for local racing.

I like it. As long as you didn't add any more rules it should have a good turnout. I think the class could go mid 5's. Adding a cruise would make it interesting.

I like it. As long as you didn't add any more rules it should have a good turnout. I think the class could go mid 5's. Adding a cruise would make it interesting.

No on the cruise lol...I got stuck helping a local heads up class and you wouldn't imagine the liability issues that come up with a cruise. I almost lost friends because of the proposed cruise haha

our local tracks allow 275/60 drag radials in lieu of 26X8.5s, but no Hoosiers allowed.

that's what I'm setting my car up for.

Why the 76mm turbo limit? Why ANY turbo limits?? Have you seen some of turbos the 8.5 outlaws run??

Why the 76mm turbo limit? Why ANY turbo limits?? Have you seen some of turbos the 8.5 outlaws run??

To keep it from being faster than 5.5 if possible. Seems like it would be more of a limited 8.5 class where 76s are usually the limit.

And so, the limits begin. You stated you wanted guys to be able to run their local 8,5 outlaw, and also have car suited to this 8.5 outlaw. ????? What if someone is running an 88 4 bolt turbo at their local 8.5 outlaw class?? Now they can't run your class. :mad: I don't think you'll be able to call it outlaw since you've already started restrictions. Correct?

And so, the limits begin. You stated you wanted guys to be able to run their local 8,5 outlaw, and also have car suited to this 8.5 outlaw. ????? What if someone is running an 88 4 bolt turbo at their local 8.5 outlaw class?? Now they can't run your class. :mad: I don't think you'll be able to call it outlaw since you've already started restrictions. Correct?

You crack me up lol. No I have a 3700lb car with a 67. I guess the 8.5 tire is limiting as well as 3250lbs. Oh don't forgetpeople being limited to a v6. Think I wrapped it up for ya.
The 76 leaves it open for a 109 to be competitive. An 88 on a 109? Get real.

Didn't mean to offend you. I think it's great that there are those of you that are trying to come up with new and inovative ideas for classes to bring in more participation. But why the limits?

And who said anything about an 88 on a 109?????? You said Buick V6, and had a different weight break for SII's, so I assume SII and T/A's would be able to participate, right? What's unrealistic about someone showing up with a SII, and a huge turbo, or a SII with a pair of 4 bolt turbos?? The tires are the limiting factor, correct?

Sorry for rubbing you the wrong way. Keep the inovative ideas coming.

When I think s2 with an 88, I think a 5.1-5.3 car. I think a 5.5 (hopefully slower) class would draw the most people. Only a handful of 88 cars out there. Tons of 76 and smaller turbo cars. A 5.6-6.2 class would be ideal Imo.

Local class allows a 66 turbo on a V8 and a 76 on a V6. They're on us60 raceway's website.