another proposed class: Buick outlaw 8.5

How's this look:

Car must either be buick powered or buick bodied
Stock type suspension front and back, coil overs and ladder bars are ok
car must be within 1" of stock wheel base
If car is not buick powered, engine block must be from a passenger vehicle, no aftermarket blocks
stage 1 & 2 and ta v6's allowed
tire must be either any brand 26x8.5" slick or 275/60/15 m/t drag radial. No other brand or size drag radial is allowed.
Max size Turbo is 76
Max nitrous size is 125 shot
109 stock block cars and na vehicles are allowed to weigh 3250lbs min
all other powered vehicles must weigh 3350 min

Simple!

Think about the nitrous rules for a second. A 76mm turbo on a stage 2 will make over 1000hp easily. How much hp can a BBB make? 700? I honestly don't know. 1 kit would probably need to be the rules for the V8 guys. This would allow them to run whatever they could put through a plate or fogger. This may just encourage those guys to put nitrous on the V8's. You can put 400-500 through a plate but distribution is sketchy. The fogger will be easier to tune to compete with a 76mm.

Think about the nitrous rules for a second. A 76mm turbo on a stage 2 will make over 1000hp easily. How much hp can a BBB make? 700? I honestly don't know. 1 kit would probably need to be the rules for the V8 guys. This would allow them to run whatever they could put through a plate or fogger. This may just encourage those guys to put nitrous on the V8's. You can put 400-500 through a plate but distribution is sketchy. The fogger will be easier to tune to compete with a 76mm.

Im not a nitrous guy. I just threw that out there. Any nitrous guys want to chime in?

Im not a nitrous guy. I just threw that out there. Any nitrous guys want to chime in?

Maybe one of them will chime in. We need to know what a BBB can make n/a and set-up for nitrous. For example a cast intake, single carb conventional head Chevy can make 1050 or so on motor alone. Once you find out what they are capable of n/a, you can figure out whether a plate is ok or if they need a fogger. If they can make 800, a plate will do and you can restrict the jet size.

I like the idea. I'd love to see the Buick V8 guys get in on a class like this.

Just for reference. A 40 jet in a fogger is around 400hp. That's a healthy hit but may be needed if the motors can't make over 700hp n/a.

Did a little more digging on the nitrous side of things. If the motors can make 700-800 hp set-up for nitrous a .036 jet in a fogger is around 350hp or a .110 jet in a single plate.