Another DLS 109 work of art

ttypewhite

I am getting ready to install a DLS 109 shortblock into my Dad's car. All I can say is wow. Dan you are the man. The attention to detail Dan displays in his workmanship is incredible. 86Brick and John Wilde this buds for you.
DSC01815.jpg

DSC01817.jpg

DSC01819.jpg

DSC01821.jpg

DSC01823.jpg

Looks very nice!!! Any details on the shortblock, parts used?? Seems like now with the affordable stroker kits Dan is selling thru BA Performance there will be many a badass 109...

Thanks for sharing and I think we can all assume 9's is right around the corner for your dad! :cool: :biggrin:

Looks awsome! Dan does nice work.

One thing though, If you don't want to suck a bunch of oil through the pcv,
better get the 1 piece vally pan style intake gasket. ;)

Very nice, thanks for the pictures.
What are your goals with this project?

Rick87GN said:
Looks awsome! Dan does nice work.

One thing though, If you don't want to suck a bunch of oil through the pcv,
better get the 1 piece vally pan style intake gasket. ;)

Or put a baffle on the intake for the PCV.

John Wilde said:
Very nice, thanks for the pictures.
What are your goals with this project?

Not quite sure what the ol boy has up his sleeve. I am sure he will be taking it to the track. But he a street guy and will never through a cage in his GN (too damn mint). I think he just wants something thats done right with the ability to turn it up if need be. But he has already issued the ," I gonna kick your a s s comment to me", so thats it in a nutshell ;)
DSC00337.jpg

DSC00338.jpg

DSC00331.jpg

Here's the latest update. Valve adjustment done, engine primed, oil feed and return lines, motor mounts crank sensor, headers and turbo on.
DSC01836.jpg

DSC01835.jpg

Its now sitting in the car. Will start hooking up all the parts it it tomorrow. Can't wait to hear this thing start up

You obviously know what your doing, nice work. The pcv oil thing was just advice. Do you do anything for that, or no problems?

Rick

Rick87GN- Been running it that way for years, no problems. My understanding is the PCV does not work under boost, just idle and cruising outside of boost. Everytime I have taken off the intake its clean as a whistle. Alky also helps keep everything super clean.

ttypewhite said:
Rick87GN- Been running it that way for years, no problems. My understanding is the PCV does not work under boost, just idle and cruising outside of boost. Everytime I have taken off the intake its clean as a whistle. Alky also helps keep everything super clean.

Ya your right, it does,nt work under boost. It can actually work backwards if a check valve is not inline. The pcv do not seal 100%.
As far as sucking oil goes, I think it pulls the most oil when idleing with 20inch's of vacuum.
You must be doing something right. ;)

Also my oil return line is blocked off near the lifter galley. Oil return is at the oil pan.

Your dad's car looks very nice with the Convo Pro's.. Thanks for sharing the latest progress pics on the motor, I notice you guys have the dual nozzles for the alky on the up pipe... Plan on trying to dip into the 9's on pump/alky?? :wink: :biggrin: