...and then there was GNX #548

149.JPG

yes it was done by asc gnxray even had a hand or 2 in on it
NO I DID NOT....it was built without my knowledge ...I found out after the fact....and it is not a real GNX just like X Ray is not....but it did get modified with all the correct parts.
You car is looking good ...keep up the good work...

X Ray said:
NO I DID NOT....it was built without my knowledge ...I found out after the fact....and it is not a real GNX just like X Ray is not....but it did get modified with all the correct parts.

Ya im trying to get it all done soon amd back to the world of the living

ah, im not trying to knock bdasv6, i was just curious, i do consider this car and Xrays real gnx's in my eyes, they were built by the same guys who built gnx's, in the same factory, with the same parts, i respect that

does anyone have any history on this car? we know rick was able to convert his car, were other workers there allowed? how did this guy sneak in, and i wonder exactly how many "sneaker" gnx's are around?

Ok, let me get this straight... a guy sends a car "down the line"; parts from several different vendors supplying a finite number of GNX components are put on it. Yet no one is counting the cars or parts as they are assigning to each vehicle, or recording the VIN as they are being modified. And then Buick gets a bill for the parts and labor for more cars than they specified?? I used to work in Buick at the time. Our department was coordinating the GNX build. Hard to swallow that story... you are talking a large chunk of change, and extremely sloppy record keeping...

However, the pictures of this car being currently modified are very cool. Keep up the good work.

Ok, let me get this straight... a guy sends a car "down the line"; parts from several different vendors supplying a finite number of GNX components are put on it. Yet no one is counting the cars or parts as they are assigning to each vehicle, or recording the VIN as they are being modified. And then Buick gets a bill for the parts and labor for more cars than they specified?? I used to work in Buick at the time. Our department was coordinating the GNX build. Hard to swallow that story... you are talking a large chunk of change, and extremely sloppy record keeping...

However, the pictures of this car being currently modified are very cool. Keep up the good work.

xray worked at asc, and physically assembled these cars. asc allowed him to run his car down the line, why not anyone else? i'd love to find out the story behind this gnx, and i wonder how many other gnx's after 547 were built

either way, OP keep up the good work! im loving this thread

xray worked at asc, and physically assembled these cars. asc allowed him to run his car down the line, why not anyone else? i'd love to find out the story behind this gnx, and i wonder how many other gnx's after 547 were built

either way, OP keep up the good work! im loving this thread

OK....My car was built after the fact not during the actual GNX build time...so it did not go down the line ....I built it no ASC as a company ...no other car besides the one mention above was built with that process ...please let get back to the restoration of this car. Thanks

I remember mentioning this car in another post but GNX #548 DOES EXIST. I haven't seen it since the late 90s - early 2000s. The last time I saw it, it was in the yard of the owner who lived in a northern suburb of Chicago. The guy was named Gary and he repaired and built turbo Buicks. His work was pretty good but very expensive.
I would bring my REAL GNXs to him for repair and he was always trying to buy them. The story he told about the fake #548 was the same one that "X Ray" spoke of.
I haven't seen the car in awhile and Gary has since moved on, the shop closed and the Buicks are no longer in the area.

Gary is still around. Gary in Rockford? That's where i got my block I'm working on now.

And for the record, there are numerous claimed gnx 548's out there.

page1 the dirty gnx has the street performance sticker in the rear quarter window. back in those days i had the ans performance stickers. by the way last night on ebay i bought 2 old GNXr emblems from who else E. oswald from rockford !!!! AL