And so it begins.... (lsx content)

95 lb. injectors will get used up quick if your gonna run e85 . I have 120 lb. inj in mine and ran out of injector at about 750whp. What fuel pump are you going to use?

The 95#s are in there for this year only. I just bought a drum of 118 so I will use that up this year. Next year will be at least 160's. Haven't decided on the fuel pump yet. Right now its got my trusty double pumped that has been 142mph with the 6 with room left.

Well, I did some looking Kevin and Bamford got the BRP mounts and this intake/elbow to fit under the stock hood.

lsxmockuppic1wc2.jpg

I don't know if he cut hood supports though, but I remember seeing a pic of the hood shut (turbo hood, no intake peeking through or a cowl).

So maybe you can make the BRP fit with that intake. I'd PM Bamford and ask him, because it's gonna be close! The guy with the white T type (that got the car stolen :mad:) made his own mounts (which set the motor pretty low) and he still had to cut the supports with that intake and elbow combo.

What oil pan/mounts are the best?

Also, lots of people are talking about the CTS-V pan and the H3 pan. CTS-V seems like the best for ground clearance (and still doesn't hit the crossmember) and the H3 pan doesn't hang as low as the truck pan. Truck pan hangs down loooooow. If you are doing wheelies, you will not want a truck pan, lol.

This is victim #1. Just picked it up tonight. 2001 5.3 with about 150k miles. This is going to be fun. Even if it only runs 10's at first....not having to worry about it will be awesome.
Going to regap the rings, arp bolts and that's it.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120503_182837.png
    ForumRunner_20120503_182837.png
    593.8 KB · Views: 205
This is victim #1. Just picked it up tonight. 2001 5.3 with about 150k miles. This is going to be fun. Even if it only runs 10's at first....not having to worry about it will be awesome.
Going to regap the rings, arp bolts and that's it.
You getting these motors local? Curious if you had a good source close to cincy.

I didn't take any pictures but I tore down the 5.3 to a short block.
New plan is arp rod bolts and studs, .030 or so on the ring top ring gap, a set of cleaned up 241 heads.
I ordered a Holley HP fuel injection system with their coils and a wiring harness for south of $1700. That system is badass....got some first hand experience the other night on it with a Buick v6 that went 850+ HP with a non billet 76.

Updates and pics to follow...stay tuned. The v6 comes out tomorrow. The fun begins!

It has officially began

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120506_123501.png
    ForumRunner_20120506_123501.png
    476.4 KB · Views: 222
Very cool...gotta be crazy to spend so much $$ on a 109 or a SII these days. If I ever get my car on the road again with the V6 I'll do it with as little $$ as possible. I'll save the $$ for something like this!

No, I am deleting the a/c. I always cruise with the windows down....hell my daily driver Tahoe hasn't had working ac in 2 years. It don't bother me.

I just ordered some parts. Can't wait to start this week.
I ordered the LH8 oil pan from Jegs for $140. Also got an ac delete pan, trans mount, ebay obx headers, Holley HP efi system w/harness and coils and a few others on the way. My friend locally owns a garage/speed shop and is getting me prices for my intake setup (Eldelbrock victor JR), ARP studs and rod bolts, head gasket, sfi flywheel and other misc prices tomorrow. Also waiting on a reply for the brp motor mounts. Hope to have the engine and trans sitting in the car by the weekend.
I found a fresh set of 241 heads for $75 locally I am going to use on the junkyard engine for now.
Will post pics as parts come in.

Those 241 heads are good, that's an awesome price on em. I almost bought those OBX headers too, but I am going to try to make the truck manifolds (flange cut off and welded to mild) work first. I'm not sure what accessories you plan on running, but I hope the OBXs clean the vette stuff if you go that direction. The driver's side accessories hang out quite a bit, that would be the side that concerns me. The fbody and truck stuff should clear the OBX easily.

I am probably going to ditch the a/c also i'm just like you i like the fresh air! Plus it cleans/free's up allot of room for pipe work! I am still making my mind up on the engine /turbo combo and mounts of course!
Chris

I am probably going to ditch the a/c also i'm just like you i like the fresh air! Plus it cleans/free's up allot of room for pipe work! I am still making my mind up on the engine /turbo combo and mounts of course!
Chris
I hope to have the engine and trans bolted up by the end of this weekend. I will post pics of the clearances and all and what parts I used.