And so it begins.... (lsx content)

Lenny, how much for those mounts, LOL!

BTW I got the EFI live package in, everything looks great, you are an awesome guy to buy from.

Kevin you might want to look at pics of the dimensions for LS pans before you buy. No matter what pan you use, it's gonna be close to hitting something!

dim_oil_pan_ls1_camaro-910x882.jpg

fbody pan

dim_oil_pan_02-06_truck-900x800.jpg

truck pan

I hear the CTS-V pan works really well with most mounts.

The Holly pan is great! There is enough room between the pan and crossmember for a crossover pipe to feed the turbo if you were going with a single.

The Holly pan is great! There is enough room between the pan and crossmember for a crossover pipe to feed the turbo if you were going with a single.

I'm not using BRP mounts though. I am using sbc Moroso mounts (which have been shortened by 1/4" on each mount) and 1" setback adapter plates. Do you think the Holley pan would work for mine also? My truck pan is rubbing on the steering linkage.

Dave, I am most likely getting a set of headers that were made by the guy whobdid Mikes. Any regrets with those?

Dave, I am most likely getting a set of headers that were made by the guy whobdid Mikes. Any regrets with those?

Those headers are fine. You will need the corvette accessories bracket, the one I used in my build up.

PM sent

Subscribed... Im sure there will be alot more of these threads. Id probly be one of them in the future

Good luck Kevin ! I may be up there late Mon or Tues for my motor if it is done.
Bryan

Got a lot of the v6 stuff pending sale. As soon as the buyer for the engine comes through the fun of ordering parts begins;)
I have decided not to cheap out and spend the money on good stuff. Here is my new list, hope to have everything by the end of may.
-virginia speed headers
-eldelbrock victor Jr intake
-elbow from intakeelbows.com
-not sure on throttle body yet
-s400 75mm turbo (see reasoning below)
-ptc 9.5 TC
-extremeautomatics stage 2 th400
-tci sfi flywheel with adapter
-ultra bell
-brp mounts
-brp oil pan
-95# injectors
-holley HP efi

I sold my gen7. Only person I could find that had any answers for me works at bischiff engine service and said it works but recommended going a different route. They use it on their dyno. I decided to try out the Holley HP efi. Looks like they solved the issue they had with the ls1 coils. For under $1600, you get the system, wideband, wiring harness, data logger, map sensor and much more. Plus the self learning feature works well.

I'm going to use a bone stock 5.3 long block for now. I will build a better long block over the winter. Because of this, I ditched the 4788 turbo idea for now and am going to go with a Borg Warner s400. The one I will use is 75mm, 1.10 a/r, t6. It is also well under $1000 and can support up to 1050. Should be plenty for a stock 5.3. Also, that turbo is legal for a local heads up class.

that car will fly with a stock 5.3 and an S475. I'm only going with a74.5mm turbo on my 6 liter, should be some quick spooling fun for both of us. I have doubts that your intake elbow is going to fit under the stock hood with those mounts though...BRP sits up higher than most of the other mounts.