And so it begins.... (lsx content)

yeah no kidding, that spot is perfect for me too, I had to resist the urge, lol. Can't really mount it on the inner fenders (I'm running them, it's a street car!) so I'm thinking about building a brace and mounting it from the valve cover or head somehow...

Kevin from that pic it looks like you could build a brace that mounts it really close to where is sits, but not actually mounted directly to the firewall. That yb thread said you can mount on the firewall if you have it spaced out 6" I believe...you might want to check the rulebook though, not everything you see on the internet is accurate..

Moved the regulator to the drivers front, where the charcoal canister used to be. The cheap looking fuel pressure gauge is temporary. Going to get a pressure sensor to hook into the Holley efi. Also got my lokar throttle cable today.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121018_220333.png
    ForumRunner_20121018_220333.png
    267.8 KB · Views: 256
  • ForumRunner_20121018_220354.png
    ForumRunner_20121018_220354.png
    284.2 KB · Views: 261
  • ForumRunner_20121018_220419.png
    ForumRunner_20121018_220419.png
    229.3 KB · Views: 249
Here's what I did for the throttle cable. Ordered a lokar cable. It was way too long for my liking. I cut about a foot off of it.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121026_073111.png
    ForumRunner_20121026_073111.png
    302.4 KB · Views: 206
i used a stock 99 truck cable just cut and bent the bracket for the tb and it even clipped into the stock firewall location and in the gas pedal

Cool, I'm not too sure this lokar one feels that strong. If it fails, I will try that truck one. Thanks.

Didn't work on it at all this winter so far. Got the transmission last week. It is a stage 2 EA 400 with brake and I have a ptc 9.5 17 blade for it. Going to start on it here soon. Hopefully get it running and cruising around here soon.

Btw....not that I want to sell it, but $12k takes the car and every last Buick piece I own. Car has not been cut at all. Have everything to put a v6 and AC back in the car except headers, intake, turbo and a few other things. Everything has a price...and I kind have been kicking around the idea of upgrading my boat. Would also trade for a nice truck, classic muscle car or Tahoe/suburban with low miles (I got an 01 with 245k.) I have no issues keeping it, but you never know:)

Didn't work on it at all this winter so far. Got the transmission last week. It is a stage 2 EA 400 with brake and I have a ptc 9.5 17 blade for it. Going to start on it here soon. Hopefully get it running and cruising around here soon.

Btw....not that I want to sell it, but $12k takes the car and every last Buick piece I own. Car has not been cut at all. Have everything to put a v6 and AC back in the car except headers, intake, turbo and a few other things. Everything has a price...and I kind have been kicking around the idea of upgrading my boat. Would also trade for a nice truck, classic muscle car or Tahoe/suburban with low miles (I got an 01 with 245k.) I have no issues keeping it, but you never know:)
Hey, good luck whatever happens...boat sounds fun...has to be way cheaper than these cars. Send me a PM with the details of your current truck and what you want for it.

Bryan

My Tahoe was used as a work truck by me for 5+ years and reflects that lol. I've been cleaning it up, it even gets a new windshield this weekend.
I bought a boat last year with some of the money I got from selling the v6 stuff. I bought it with a cracked block. I got about a quarter of what it is worth in it even after i put a new engine in (was actually an easy project.) Was going to flip it but the fam loves it. We already have our main vacation planned around it at dale hollow. People that say a boat is expensive to keep going never had a race car before haha.

looks good i ended up using the stock cable in my gn..i modified the bracket that came with the edelbrock intake and i have my throttle body mounted upside down so everything is on the drivers side for the throttle

looks good i ended up using the stock cable in my gn..i modified the bracket that came with the edelbrock intake and i have my throttle body mounted upside down so everything is on the drivers side for the throttle
Thanks! Thats not a bad idea. Wish I thought of that.

I'm still here. Been busy with life in general lol. Decided to get serious with the suspension for now, Hope to have the car itself running in the next couple months.

Decided to do some suspension work. Got upper and lowers from pa racing here in Indiana. Awesome work! They are 14lbs lighter per side for just the a arms. I ordered some afco double adjustable coil overs too. Hope to do spindles, rack, and brakes later on.
Plan right now is to make the car for the local 8.5" tire class. I'm limited to a 76mm turbo if it goes faster than 5.7, which it eventually will.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130403_211330.png
    ForumRunner_20130403_211330.png
    260.4 KB · Views: 137
  • ForumRunner_20130403_211338.png
    ForumRunner_20130403_211338.png
    298.2 KB · Views: 131
Kevin,

Be very careful to not use the control arms when securing your
car to the trailer. The fabricated arms will bend. Chris almost wrecked
his car at the 2005 street car super nationals due to this issue.
He put some stock arms back on the car and went 7.95 with no tuning
suspension, boost or EFI...