And so it begins.... (lsx content)

I have been following this thread as to the response of Kevin and Dave B. (8 sec 109) making the switch to an LS from the community and it seems quite divided. It is not even an argument as to the cost per performance to make the switch. And yes, it is unique to have the V6, it is without a doubt less maintenance and less expensive in the long run. Look at all the individuals who have switched.. Ted A, Louie L, Dave B, and even Cal H. diehards will be just that, but with the declining car counts at the events, the writing is on the wall. I love the v6 and have had my issues with the stock block (note the avatar), and plan on making the switch in the future. Technology has developed from these cars making the whole industry faster. For the people who still build the big V6 engines Tony G. Manny, Dave F, Chris L you have to be dedicated and I love to see it. Bottom line is its your car, do what you want with it, and have fun.

A friend of mine just went 9.3 @ 148 in a 3600lb+ car with a truck block, truck crank, unported truck heads, off the self wiseco pistons and Manley rods, $800 cast 76 turbo and truck manifolds on e85. Boost hasn't even been turned up. You are a fool not to admit these engines are the best bang for your buck if you want 1k hp. I got 2 cars and my boat to finish up, then I'm back on mine. Really anxious to finish it right now.

Sent from my DROID X2 using TurboBuick mobile app
Kevin, its ok to tell everybody who your friend is. lol

Challenge accepted... :)

I think it would be fun if the GS nats would allow some v6 vs. LS races so we can finally find out. They used to do BBB vs. hemi stuff.

I completely understand the appeal of the LS. I almost made the switch, but I was looking for more than what a stock bottom end would do and the price vs. stage 2 parts was roughly a wash. Although the LS stuff probably has better resale. I'm sure Tom is enjoying his new car, but I bet eventually he will have another buick.
I am enjoying the new car now that we are starting to figure it out. I am glad my friend chris bought all of my stage 2 parts and is putting it in his car, so I still get to play with it. I am not going to lie, I kick myself in the ass sometimes for sell off the car, but I needed a break from it. I as sure one day I will have another with a v6 to play with.

Should be some good racing there.

I have been following this thread as to the response of Kevin and Dave B. (8 sec 109) making the switch to an LS from the community and it seems quite divided. It is not even an argument as to the cost per performance to make the switch. And yes, it is unique to have the V6, it is without a doubt less maintenance and less expensive in the long run. Look at all the individuals who have switched.. Ted A, Louie L, Dave B, and even Cal H. diehards will be just that, but with the declining car counts at the events, the writing is on the wall. I love the v6 and have had my issues with the stock block (note the avatar), and plan on making the switch in the future. Technology has developed from these cars making the whole industry faster. For the people who still build the big V6 engines Tony G. Manny, Dave F, Chris L you have to be dedicated and I love to see it. Bottom line is its your car, do what you want with it, and have fun.
Good post!

Kevin, I assume you are directing that post to me. I dont have a problem with you or anyone else putting a LS motor in your Buick , thats your call. I see it about the same as putting a ford 351 in it , or say Billy Glidden putting one in his Mustang. Its just not going to command the same respect from a true diehard Buick guy. I do have a problem with this clown 8 sec 109(NO FRIKIN WAY) going all over this board preaching that the fix to everything engine related should be fixed with a LS engine. This clown has been messing with his for probably over 3 - 4 years and hasnt shown me anything!! NOTHIN!!! NADDA!!!

Before its all done , every one of you doing the switch will end up with 20K +++ in the entire switch , and it most likely will struggle to run with a stout 109 powered TSM car. I like you, and have a lot of respect for you , I just lost a little of it when you decided to make the switch !!

BTW I had no business getting in your thread. I have been following it since the beginning(couple years now)and wish you all the luck in the world with completing it. I have just had enough of 8 sec 109 and needed to lash out.
This will be last post in your thread unless I have something constructive to say about it. See you at the track Mike

It's nice to see I was able to convince you to do the right thing by refunding the money for the junk cranks you sold.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/blownv6-misrepresented-parts.395130/

Just beware, I will be keeping an eye on you and the junk you sell to unassuming board members! Just keep your nose clean "stop selling junk" and you won't have anymore problems!

Kicking around selling the setup....again. I'm not really interested in cars right now, may just put a stockish v6 back in to get it rolling. Open to trades or cash offers. Will not separate anything right now. Either all or nothing lol...but I'd consider not having someone take the 5.3 itself

like new t6 gt4788
ebay headers and custom 3" ss hotside
victo jr and elbow
sfi flywheel
60mm pte gate, with new ss piping to plumb into headers
5.3 with fresh 241 heads and arp studs, ls9 gaskets, gapped rings, arp rod bolts
brp solid motor mounts
h2 oil pan
every last ls1 part in my garage (just a bunch of misc stuff), including another 5.3 bare block and crank

i'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch
etc...

Will trade for v6 stuff or sell all above for $3700 obo

Kicking around selling the setup....again. I'm not really interested in cars right now, may just put a stockish v6 back in to get it rolling. Open to trades or cash offers. Will not separate anything right now. Either all or nothing lol...but I'd consider not having someone take the 5.3 itself

like new t6 gt4788
ebay headers and custom 3" ss hotside
victo jr and elbow
sfi flywheel
60mm pte gate, with new ss piping to plumb into headers
5.3 with fresh 241 heads and arp studs, ls9 gaskets, gapped rings, arp rod bolts
brp solid motor mounts
h2 oil pan
every last ls1 part in my garage (just a bunch of misc stuff), including another 5.3 bare block and crank

i'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch
etc...

Will trade for v6 stuff or sell all above for $3700 obo

Parting out.
Engine long block is gone, intake gone.

Hot side and headers $1200 obo...and I mean OBO!!
BRP solid mounts $200 obo
TCI SFI flywheel, never opened $225 obo
GT4788 t6 .96 housing with all flanges $1050
brand new 66mm pte gate with a few sections off ss pipe for plumping it, $500 obo. Still in box

It comes with almost $200 of unused flanges and clamps. For the exhaust I have a 4" aluminum and steel one and a 3" aluminum and clamp for the charges side.