american bulldog or cane corso pups

wile87

BEEP BEEP MY ASS
anyone in the chicago land area know anyone that is going to be breeding or has breed and is selling american bull dog pups or poss cane corso also. going to have to put my girl down soon and need to get something right away to help move forward.
thanks for any help

Man Larry, i feel for you.I hate to hear that your going to be putting your girl down.I was told by a breeder that the bull dogs are around $1500 to $2000
this was 4 years ago when i got my boxer.
By the way did this guy come over to check out your ride yet

not yet, i haven't tried to call him yet, weather isn't going to be as nice as they said ,go figure, chi right? so i will wait till Tues or wends to see how it's going to look. thanks for asking. my mutt is getting bad, she is urinating in her sleep now from the tumor on her bladder and even thou she looks and seems to act fine, even seems to pee without a major struggle now, it's getting hard to know what to do. i'll give you a call

Sorry to hear. I had to put down My Rott who had super aggressive bone cancer and my Dobie about 2 weeks later with kidney failure and arthritis so bad she could hardly stand. If the dog is in pain, let her go. It's really hard to do but it's the right thing to do.

As for a new dog to fill the void; Do yourself a favor and check out the local pound. They have lots of mutts that would be thrilled to have a good home and be saved from certain death. All mine are "rescued" dogs. Super Loyal, and none of the usual pure-breed issues.

If you prefer a certain breed check on the internet for that particular breed and rescues that cater to that breed. (There are ones for Rotts, Pitts, etc...)

Just my .02.

thanks for the kind words. that's the thing, she shows absolutly no sign of being in pain. she'll be 8 in may and beside the tumor and pee issue you could never tell anything is wrong, she eats like a horse,plays the same, lost no weight and still looks like a musclebound goof

That's the problem. They don't show pain like humans. My Rott "Sasha" was always a healthy beast and one day I noticed her shoulder looked dislocated. I massaged it and gave her some anit-inflammitory. Nothing chnaged and the "lump" got bigger. I grew to the size of a baseball in a matter of weeks. I took her to the vet and they diagnosed aggressive bone cancer. They said the only way to try and stop it was amputation. Problem was she was 9 years old and very big upfront. It would have been near impossible for her to walk again.

She didn't show many signs of pain but the vet warned that dogs don't show pain like people and that they would continure to push on even through pain. We gave her pain meds to alleviate suffering and it was ok for a while. Then the limping became worse. Even though she'd run and play, you could see the pain. I knew she would have to be put down.

It was THE HARDEST thing I have ever had to do. A few weeks later my Dobie "Suzie" just fell apart. It was almost overnight. She was about 15 and had lived a hard life as a stray until we got her. Putting her down was not as hard because she was visibly in pain and it was an easy decision to give her peace. Mind you, it was still hard but not as much as the Rott who looked and acted ok.

With those two gone my Chow mix "Musso" went into a depression (they mourn like people). I decided that I'd need to get him another companion and we went to the local no-kill shelter on Camp Pendelton. I found this shelter online and they showed pics and profiles of their dogs. I found a Rott mix that had been at the shelter for 4 months (one of the longest times for any of their dogs) Her name was "Tasha". I took Musso to the shelter to meet Tasha and they got along like they had know each other for years... So the decision was easy. Adopting from the shelter was great because she had all her shots and even a free tracking "chip" implanted.

I thought I was done with the 3 dog circus at this time. But as luck would have it, I was driving home one day and saw a beautiful golden dog (some shepherd mix) tied to a stop sign. He has a spike choker collar and the string was tied so close to the stop sign that he couldn't move. I notcied that some dogs were "harassing him" and there was nothing he could do to defend himself.

I stopped and looked for an owner. I checked and there was no ID collar. I cut his string and took him to my home where I let him stay in the garage. It was friday evening when I found him. My intent was to take him to the local no-kill shelter down the road. It would have to wait till Monday. Before the weekend was over the "boss" decided that we should keep him as well. He is the most loyal and gentle dog as well as very protective.

Sorry to hijack your thread but I can empathize with your situation and I want you to know that sometimes a hard decision is the right one. Check with the vet as well... As for a new companion, please check out the shelters. Give a deserving pooch a shot at a new life. I promise that whatever dog you get, they'll be super greatful.:cool:

That's the problem. They don't show pain like humans. My Rott "Sasha" was always a healthy beast and one day I noticed her shoulder looked dislocated. I massaged it and gave her some anit-inflammitory. Nothing chnaged and the "lump" got bigger. I grew to the size of a baseball in a matter of weeks. I took her to the vet and they diagnosed aggressive bone cancer. They said the only way to try and stop it was amputation. Problem was she was 9 years old and very big upfront. It would have been near impossible for her to walk again.

She didn't show many signs of pain but the vet warned that dogs don't show pain like people and that they would continure to push on even through pain. We gave her pain meds to alleviate suffering and it was ok for a while. Then the limping became worse. Even though she'd run and play, you could see the pain. I knew she would have to be put down.

It was THE HARDEST thing I have ever had to do. A few weeks later my Dobie "Suzie" just fell apart. It was almost overnight. She was about 15 and had lived a hard life as a stray until we got her. Putting her down was not as hard because she was visibly in pain and it was an easy decision to give her peace. Mind you, it was still hard but not as much as the Rott who looked and acted ok.

With those two gone my Chow mix "Musso" went into a depression (they mourn like people). I decided that I'd need to get him another companion and we went to the local no-kill shelter on Camp Pendelton. I found this shelter online and they showed pics and profiles of their dogs. I found a Rott mix that had been at the shelter for 4 months (one of the longest times for any of their dogs) Her name was "Tasha". I took Musso to the shelter to meet Tasha and they got along like they had know each other for years... So the decision was easy. Adopting from the shelter was great because she had all her shots and even a free tracking "chip" implanted.

I thought I was done with the 3 dog circus at this time. But as luck would have it, I was driving home one day and saw a beautiful golden dog (some shepherd mix) tied to a stop sign. He has a spike choker collar and the string was tied so close to the stop sign that he couldn't move. I notcied that some dogs were "harassing him" and there was nothing he could do to defend himself.

I stopped and looked for an owner. I checked and there was no ID collar. I cut his string and took him to my home where I let him stay in the garage. It was friday evening when I found him. My intent was to take him to the local no-kill shelter down the road. It would have to wait till Monday. Before the weekend was over the "boss" decided that we should keep him as well. He is the most loyal and gentle dog as well as very protective.

Sorry to hijack your thread but I can empathize with your situation and I want you to know that sometimes a hard decision is the right one. Check with the vet as well... As for a new companion, please check out the shelters. Give a deserving pooch a shot at a new life. I promise that whatever dog you get, they'll be super greatful.:cool:

believe me the next dog i get will come from one of the shelters here in chicagoland area.