Alright boys....Real talk

slimtastic

yea dude...I rock
so for the last 10 years or so ive played with the 3.8 lc2 turbo motors and had a blast, but recently in the last year or two I've started to wanna build somthin else... i have a tall deck chevy rat sitting inthe corner with a large gathering of parts. itll eventually get a 91.5 PTE and a 4 speed auto, sort of like a bigger lc2. fully sequential/ls2 coils ect.

the time has come where im at a crossroads as the stock short block in my turd is making death rattles and my harness is "flaking apart".

A. fix the bottom end problems,no performance parts, and major electrical issues from a 25 year old butchered harness; out of pocket cost 600-1000 and 2 months est.

B. liquidate everything in the driveline and roll the entire profit back in to my 520 inch chevy (with custom buick valve covers lol). out of pocket cost 3500-4000 and 5-6 months est. this out of pocket doesnt include the turbo yet...just a 550-600 whp low oct. motor

The LSX is probaly a better option. REAL strong and great parts available now days. But different is cool by me. It's your car, do what you want.

Its really cheap to "build" a LSx, it sounds like that's the path you want to do anyways with SFI/COP. :) Also with a LSx you can usually roll fuel economy into the mix with power!

,Dan

Hey its your car, go for it. If I blow another V6 Im done and will go the LSx route in a different car.

Bryan

The LSX is probaly a better option. REAL strong and great parts available now days. But different is cool by me. It's your car, do what you want.
fair enough, but in order to get the end resultant power that im looking for, there'd be alot of cash thrown into an lsx based motor

past that i everyone has or wants an lsx swap. and while its a nice setup, tall deck with a single is currently stuck in my head lol

If you want I'll throw something at you slim. I've got a 455 buick sitting in storage right now and I'd sell it cheap if you want to go that way instead of a chevy. Also, the LSX head is a Buick designed head even though some will argue this. When GM did the olds, pontiac, and Buick heads in nascar the Buicks got killed off really early because they worked to well. See if you can find a pic of them and you'll see what I'm talking about here. If you throw and LSX engine in it it's still got a Buick designed part on it so you keep it a little closer to the design.:D

how much do ya want for the 455? whats all with it? ive already got a block/crank/rods/pistons/efi intake blaa blaa blaa for the next motor but if the price is decent then making a "one night stand" out of a 455 for a few months could be fun

Had the heads cracked checked and with that I think I've got $250 in the whole thing right now. Never took the short block apart yet though. $250 and I can throw all the parts in for that if you're interested slim.

my opinion!
use the BBC, ask "chevota" about his twin turbo'd 522 cu in BBC.
over 2000hp !!!!!!!!!! (thats rear wheel HP, from the dyno)
LS motors are great, but if you got that BBC, USE IT!

Let me add “my” opinion :eek: :

“Different is cool”, “HP is cool”, but what the heck are you going to do with xxxx HP if you are not going to track race and, do not have ALL the safety equipment to use the HP? People go to jail nowadays for the speed the xxxx HP is capable off.

Therefore I say: Rebuild the V6 and keep beating up on the LS/Hemi guys that think a stock V8 can beat a modified Turbo V6 . . . . . . . .until the $$$SS$$ is available for the motor you want to build, ALL the required safety equipment and other mods (frame, drivetrain, suspnsion), AND the best lawyer money can buy :D so you can enjoy the MASSIVE xxxx HP by transfering it to the pavement. ;)

if you want to make 550 600 to the tire the turbo v6 works fine.if your talking about really pushing things the v6 will be out of the car more than in it.i personally like having a 10 sec street car with the turbo v6 and a 200 and the goodies,sounds like your caught between wanting a race car vs street car.also you need to consider the drivetrain and all safety equipment needed to go faster,the reality of the price will skyrocket super fast.a good friend is building a bbc v8 carbed with a 200 shot and a turbo 350 trans,its a very cool peice and he is willing to go as far as it takes to make alot of power.

Let me add “my” opinion :eek: :

“Different is cool”, “HP is cool”, but what the heck are you going to do with xxxx HP if you are not going to track race and, do not have ALL the safety equipment to use the HP? People go to jail nowadays for the speed the xxxx HP is capable off.

Therefore I say: Rebuild the V6 and keep beating up on the LS/Hemi guys that think a stock V8 can beat a modified Turbo V6 . . . . . . . .until the $$$SS$$ is available for the motor you want to build, ALL the required safety equipment and other mods (frame, drivetrain, suspnsion), AND the best lawyer money can buy :D so you can enjoy the MASSIVE xxxx HP by transfering it to the pavement. ;)

good question, and honestly i will make track appearances either at the 1/8th or the 1/4. when i drop in the low compression bbc then first moves will be for a proper cage and then wait for the rear end to explode.. after that when i put the car down for the turbo i will make the whole vehicle as compliant as possible to track rules/nhra rules cause at that point ill be gunning for significant power to weight.

i dont race to beat other cars(even though serving up a beat down has its perks) cause theres always a "bigger fish"

what in really looking for is the "scare me in to respect" feeling. i had it at one point with my Type-T and id like to see it again. i have no plans to race this car on public roadways, but everynow and again if a section of road is desolate for a mile or two, then id like to work in that "Scare me into respect" feeling lol...... its kinda dumb to type it out and then read it back, but this is as good as i can explain my state of mind.

HP doesnt put people in jail....people put themselfs in jail

If you've still got a stock rear I've got a 9" with a mini spool and 350 gears I'll trade you for.

setup for a gbody? how wide flange to flange? the rear out of my car is fully stock
Nodular center section and it's a big bearing unit, but it's got full floting axle set up in it now so you'd need new axles. 31 spline as well, and yes, it's for a G body with adjustable lower positions.

. . . . i dont race to beat other cars(even though serving up a beat down has its perks) cause theres always a "bigger fish" . . . .
HP doesnt put people in jail....people put themselfs in jail

Good point! If you have a self-control when someone sits next to you . . . . ;)
Seriously, it sounds like you have it covered . . . . . build the BB! It will definately have the respect factor.

PS: I have seen your street racing videos. LOL!!:p
Good luck and post pictures. :cool:

[quote="Jerryl,
PS: I have seen your street racing videos. LOL!!:p
. :cool:[/quote]

theres only two videos lol, both with the same vette. the $hit talking was endless(on his half) so i felt the need for speed. and my combo was lightly adjusted so i wanted a litmus test. cause car and driver specs are one thing....the real world is another