Almost giving up on 200R4

What do you have for cooling? A 200-4R needs quite a bit more than any other trans. Most issue are caused by heat in a 200-4R. I do not warranty a trans unless I get confirmation of customers cooling system. The bands seems to be slipping and the spacer plate may not be sealing at check ball locations. Clearance on the Intermediate servo is critical to making the intermediate band survive yet get shift timing correct. If your idle is high with a tight converter, the 200-4R will clunk into gear. This is addressed with using '88 and later forward clutch pack.

Once a friction or band is glazed over from heat, the material gets brittle and can no longer breath. This being said, the oil can no longer be absorbed and squeezed out of the material so the band need to be changed. It will just slip. It will do nothing but cause further damage. The same is true for frictions. While you have it apart, check the 4 other clutch packs that are accessible and if any have dark spots on the frictions or heat spots on the steels, they must be replaced. Installing a servo right now may do something, but you have other issue in the unit causing failure. I would replace the separator plate also and install a custom re calibration kit from me.

I would not install a wide band. I use the narrow solid material bands in builds like yours. I have my own carbon band I have made and it is the best material I have found. Many builders now use these over the wide. The drum surface needs to be flat when a straight edge is put across it. Replace or machine the drum if this is the case. I can supply you with all the correct parts you need for your repair. Contact me directly.

I just sent you an email. Please confirm if possible.
Regards,
Skuli K.