Alky kit

" My 2004r transmission would show 30+ plus degree's of knock on the 1/2 shift at high boost. the fix, put knock ignore on the chip past 45 MPH. "

Hmmm, I wonder how many headgaskets one would go through using this scheme. :eek::p:biggrin:

It would be far easier to ignore knock until 3rd gear switch activated, with the KR scheme, since under load at various throttle positions, temp. and other conditions, on a STREET car could give someone a cause to have a correction.

The ISAC has window switches that could be used in conjunction with a 3rd gear switch scheme to allow the system to easily be activated under TPS, and RPM load conditions where real knock would occur.

It's not as hard as tuning with your headgaskets that's for sure. :eek::p

I suggest disabling knock until 45 and get called out on headgaskets yet a suggestion is made to disable it until the 3rd gear switch(70 MPH) is met which is way farther out. :eek: Driving over the crank? :rolleyes:

Buicks knock on the downshift 3-2.. a common problem. Extenders feature ignore for a timed period. Ignores have been used on these cars for years. No biggie. Never go around knock unless there is no other way around it. Once you make a tuning decision, it is what it is.

Figure out what you want and get it done. No automatic tuning, no automatic anything. KISS. Keep It Simple Stupid. :wink:

Sure did sound like you intended to ignore knock PAST 45 mph, not a good idea. :biggrin:

The pre-45mph knock ignore has been around for years in the translator stuff and probably a ton of other chips, simple and effective.

At least it's EASY to see how a false KR ignore scenario could be implemented using MPH, TPS, Load, MAF flow, RPM, Boost, 3rd gear switch etc, and the ISAC window switch is a bonus as it's already implemented in it's software.

It's funny how the English language works " the fix, put knock ignore on the chip past 45 MPH. " ;)

That doesn't sound like too good of a fix to me, thank you for clarifying it for everyone. :p

Now all we need is TurboBob to implement a KR sensor into the inputs for the ISAC. :)

When the window switch conditions are met more tuneable alky. upon KR sensed.

And of course some sort of recording indicator to show you how much was added and where, all logged with the software. :cool:

Simple is using what's already out there in an advanced product and making it do what you want. :cool:

Now all we need is TurboBob to implement a KR sensor into the inputs for the ISAC. :)

When the window switch conditions are met more tuneable alky. upon KR sensed.

And of course some sort of recording indicator to show you how much was added and where, all logged with the software. :cool:

Simple is using what's already out there in an advanced product and making it do what you want. :cool:

I actually had this as one of the initial features the unit would have. I didnt include it on the specs I submitted for production because its a Buick only feature and we wanted the ISAC and all its features to work on as many cars as possible.

That being said, as versatile as the ISAC is and as flexible as our hardware platform is, adding this should be do-able.

Stay tuned ;)