alky isn't working

ABLACK6

I have smc kit with seperate pump cause the 1 in the bottle was trash. when i push the button inside to see if alky working, the idle goes down like it's suppossed to, BUT when i actually floor it, it backfires a bit and it NEVER seems to use any of the alky. I've tried a lot of different levels as far as WHEN IT COMES ON, and amount sprayed. Anyone got any suggestions?

I have smc kit with seperate pump cause the 1 in the bottle was trash. when i push the button inside to see if alky working, the idle goes down like it's suppossed to, BUT when i actually floor it, it backfires a bit and it NEVER seems to use any of the alky. I've tried a lot of different levels as far as WHEN IT COMES ON, and amount sprayed. Anyone got any suggestions?

Not to rain on your parade. You have in your sig GN1 heads.. meaning you have a lot of money tied into your motor. Why are you on a cobbled together system that was too weak to begin with, and used with anything making decent power. :confused:

Its not like the car is stock and who cares if it works or not. You can make some serious carnage pretty quick with a bigger turbo and aluminum heads.

My suggestion is drop what you have and change to something different whether mine or someone elses.

hth

Julio

Yea i have wanted your alky system for a while, But just waiting till i get the $. BUT I am planning on getting it

Yea i have wanted your alky system for a while, But just waiting till i get the $. BUT I am planning on getting it

Based on heads and turbo.. those 50's are a bit small for injector when you turn the wick up.

I understand the $$$ issue.. just dont hurt the motor because you'll be further back. I have a local car in that scenario with a hurt motor.. Keep your foot out of her or drop boost big time.

i totally agree!!! you have alot of money in your motor and you are waiting to save money for a alky control system well if you keep messing with that system that you have on there you will be saving for a new motor.

what pump are you using now. Are you sure it has enough pressure to overcome the boost?

I use the 150 PSI Pump boost cooler pump from snow performance for alky alone. I have turbo set for 20lbs to avoid overboosting, etc. Since it's set for 20bls boost, do I still need more than 50 for injector size? Soon as I can afford it, I am gonna get razors alky! Thanks for help