Alchohol and Nitrous

Reggie

I missed third! Really!
Couple of questions for you alky guys:

1: Is there any reason you couldn't use nitrous with alky? Will it dillute the nitrous?

2: Who makes the best kits?

3: Is there a difference between alky and methanol/water injection (snow perf.)

BTW, this is going on a roots supercharged car. I think I am missing about 40 rwhp due to excessive heat by my supercharger. So I am looking for ways to make it more efficient. I am already getting the blower ported, so that will help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1) Cant see why not. They work different ways. One reduces temps and detonation, the other reduces temps but makes detonation.

I think the consensus has been one or the other. Could they work together..probably..but its the you first deal :)

2) I do :)

3) Alky is refered to alcohol..whereas isopropyl,denatured, and methanol are used. The mix is a tuning tool depending on what your particular vehicle likes. Some use straight methanol, some use straight water.Some use a mix of water and methanol. For me straight methanol has worked best.

Supercharged cars are a little different. And you'll have to see how to get the alky into the motor whereas spray before the throttlebody/carb or after. If your spraying into a vacuum source, you'll need a selenoid else the system will be sucked dry from engine vacuum.

Hows that :)

Any opinions on snow performance or SMC. And is there a website for SMC, I cant seem to find one.

The pump in the snow performance setup is the shureflow. You cannot adjust the system from in-car. It is all external. Plus the use of non-braided hose in a pressure setup I wouldnt recommend. This system can be replicated for under 200 dollars. So a search under DIY kit on the site.

The SMC kit offers in car adjustability, but at an added cost. His basic kit is now 399.00. The pumps have been subject to a lot of speculation on this board. And you cannot run methanol with his setup. The methanol will tear the pump up. The recommended alcohol is denatured with the SMC kit. His website is www.smcenterprises.com

The snow performance progressive and the SMC progressive are not very adjustable. They have a very tight window in which they operate, and limited to 20 PSI . I often wonder if theyre the same.

I can replicate the snow performance kit with braided hoses, electronic in car controller, same pump, nozzles, wiring etc for the same $$. I have a new website coming soon :)

HTH

Julio ;)