Adjustable PCV Valve

jemook

Just finished reading the article in the new Hemmings Muscle Machines about the M/E Wagner DF-17 adjustable pcv valve. Anybody looked into using this valve. Appears to be a possible cure to the pcv problems with our turbo regals. I'm going to call them tomorrow and ask about an application for boosted vehicles. I'll post what I can find out. Seems like a nice part.
John

There really isn't a big problem in the PCV area. The biggest issue is that when someone replaces what they think is a faulty valve, 99% of the time the wrong replacement is installed. If it's not an 893, it's wrong.

Nice part.
Maybe so, but seems targeted at the carburator crowd. BTW, since it's adjustable, how does one set it up for proper use in our turbocharged and MAF based systems, since the original valve in our cars are chosen for a specific amount of vacuum. That's why just any old PCV will not work properly in our cars and improper replacements cause so many issues.
So, the question arises, how is it adjusted for our application? Nothing in the instructions for our applications.