A New Drag Anti Lag System

I think no one would waste their time racing their car in a manner its not designed.
You are designing your car that way.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a design thing. Supposedly, all these other cars are setup with big cubes, top notch breathing heads, a TC stall and turbo that would give a relatively quick spool up. I, on the other hand, am doing the complete opposite. Small cubes, simple breathing heads, very large turbo, very low stall TC, only with some simple tools to fill in the shortcomings.

I would find it amazing if there weren't a lot of people that would be very curious about what the difference might be?

I didn't respond because I thought that was a rhetorical challenge. If you were serious, let me know the next time you are at a Buick race and we can try playing your way. Not sure what this will prove :confused: Just stay in your lane ;) It's a shame you weren't at the West Coast Nationals, we could have done it then.

I didn't respond because I thought that was a rhetorical challenge. If you were serious, let me know the next time you are at a Buick race and we can try playing your way. Not sure what this will prove :confused: Just stay in your lane ;) It's a shame you weren't at the West Coast Nationals, we could have done it then.
Maybe the next WCN? I'll plan on making it next year if everything is still together. Everyone has a year to tune for an idle start.

lol lock up the punkout money donWG! Or are you just wanting to race them for fun? You got 2 fish dont letem get away lol( just playing nobody get mad at me)

lol lock up the punkout money donWG! Or are you just wanting to race them for fun? You got 2 fish dont letem get away lol( just playing nobody get mad at me)
Just for fun.
I believe it will be closer than some think.
I guess I'll have to stop posting updated timeslip numbers. Don't want to give the competition any reference to work with.
No fair hiding nitrous, either. I will be inspecting the 'class' car. :biggrin:

No takers on that match race? :confused:

No one's curious?

I'm curious what this race is supposed to prove:confused:

On one side you have a combo built to run a specific set of rules with a turbo limit and a weight minimum. This car must maximize et and be able to cut a light.

On the other side you have a car built with no rules to maximize efficiency......the only downside is that it's impossible to spool without alot of help. So........what does racing a car not designed for nitrous prove:confused:

A car will not mph better with a great 60 foot. It doesn't matter if a car 60's a 1.3 or a 1.6......it will still run the same mph........give or take 1-2. So, take a TSM car like Ted's. It's still going to go well into the 8's at 160+ leaving from an idle.

On one side you have a combo built to run a specific set of rules with a turbo limit and a weight minimum. This car must maximize et and be able to cut a light.

On the other side you have a car built with no rules to maximize efficiency......the only downside is that it's impossible to spool without alot of help. So........what does racing a car not designed for nitrous prove:confused:

A car will not mph better with a great 60 foot. It doesn't matter if a car 60's a 1.3 or a 1.6......it will still run the same mph........give or take 1-2. So, take a TSM car like Ted's. It's still going to go well into the 8's at 160+ leaving from an idle.
Why do people line up side by side for a contest in the first place?

Why are rules and conditions set for differing contests in the first place?

Simply, it's that people are curious as to what the outcome might be. The contest may seem silly to some, interesting to others. It could even provide data for someone that could find it useful in a way that could be inconceivable to others.

I agree with you on the mph deal. I would only expect an increase of up to a couple mph with a more decent 60',... if the same boost level were used. ;)

Everyone has a bit less than a year to test,... including me. :cool: And everyone knows what happens with my car, the more I test.

Why do people line up side by side for a contest in the first place?

Why are rules and conditions set for differing contests in the first place?

Simply, it's that people are curious as to what the outcome might be. The contest may seem silly to some, interesting to others. It could even provide data for someone that could find it useful in a way that could be inconceivable to others.

I agree with you on the mph deal. I would only expect an increase of up to a couple mph with a more decent 60',... if the same boost level were used. ;)

Everyone has a bit less than a year to test,... including me. :cool: And everyone knows what happens with my car, the more I test.

I agree. But what's the deal with having to leave from an idle??? One car is built to leave on nitrous, the other isn't.......so what is there to prove here. Maybe I'm missing something. You give a turbo car nitrous and yes it leaves harder off idle...........everyone discovered this as least 15 years ago before there were turbo converters. If nitrous didn't take some of the mystery out of building a combo to work out of the hole it would be legal in every class we know.

A car will not mph better with a great 60 foot. It doesn't matter if a car 60's a 1.3 or a 1.6......it will still run the same mph........give or take 1-2. So, take a TS0 car like Ted's. It's still going to go well into the 8's at 160+ leaving from an idle.

I meant TSO here.......don't know how I messed that up.

if i was don it would prove im not an idiot. from about post 17 to post 60 most people are basically telling him hes a fool for building a combo that he wanted to build and expirment with. i believe hes simply wanting to show them that even though his isnt a standard combo it still is close to theirs. personally i would love to see a TSM OR TSO guy through a 300 shot of juice on their car and see what happens.hes not the one that started the whole argument he was simply informing people on his new data and descovery but i think he aims to finish it lol:D.

WAR DONWG!!!!!!!!!

I agree. But what's the deal with having to leave from an idle??? One car is built to leave on nitrous, the other isn't.......so what is there to prove here. Maybe I'm missing something. You give a turbo car nitrous and yes it leaves harder off idle...........everyone discovered this as least 15 years ago before there were turbo converters. If nitrous didn't take some of the mystery out of building a combo to work out of the hole it would be legal in every class we know.
But then,... isn't there also a bit of mystery in building an efficient combo with the use of nitrous in mind? And how do the two different schools of thought compare?

Particularly nitrous with methanol? Something no one has done before on a large scale with much success. It should be simple to take down such a pioneer of crazy thought. :tongue:

if i was don it would prove im not an idiot. from about post 17 to post 60 most people are basically telling him hes a fool for building a combo that he wanted to build and expirment with. i believe hes simply wanting to show them that even though his isnt a standard combo it still is close to theirs. personally i would love to see a TSM OR TSO guy through a 300 shot of juice on their car and see what happens.hes not the one that started the whole argument he was simply informing people on his new data and descovery but i think he aims to finish it lol:D.

WAR DONWG!!!!!!!!!
LOL You're going to get me in trouble here, aren't you. :biggrin:

WAR DONWG!!!!!!!!!

If a TSM/TSO guy threw a 300 shot on their car we'd probably see a crash soon after when all the parts exited through the oil pan. I'd like to see a 2000hp V6 but it wouldn't last long:) If used for launch only, the only difference would be they could leave from an idle vs having to build boost. If they went any faster it would not be a huge change. They are already seeing 60's well into the 1.2's on stock suspension.

Don has put together a combo that runs well. I'm just wondering why the stipulation is that both cars have to leave from an idle.......it proves nothing that wasn't discovered in the 80's or even earlier. I remember a twin turbo V8 car back in the late 80's at my local track. It wouldn't come on boost until 300 feet so he sprayed it until the boost came in. Don has built a combo that uses a very large turbo and methanol, both of which keep backpressure much lower than possible for a "class" racer. This lower backpressure will increase power greatly over a similiar sized engine on gas with your normal 2x backpressure. Combos such as Don's need nitrous to leave well. It's the best of both worlds which is why it's illegal in class racing. Nitrous guys need a chance to win;)