A comparable turbo to a GTA 67

Twistin6

Like the title suggests. I am curious to what is comparable to my exiting turbo but with a little better spooling characteristics? Along the lines of a 10 sec turbo at say 24psi.

Let me ask in another way since no replies. Is a Precision 6262 BB comparable power wise with quicker spooling or would I be looking at something else?

Whats a GTA67 ?

more details?

I guess I read somewhere , that the 6265 was something like a replacement for the pt67 . Sounds like its good for the same power levels, yet spools faster

Like the title suggests. I am curious to what is comparable to my exiting turbo but with a little better spooling characteristics? Along the lines of a 10 sec turbo at say 24psi.

You have a 6776. It should spool well with the 3200 stall even if it has the .85ex housing on it. Id look at the tune and make sure there is no exhaust leaks pre-turbo. That turbo will run 123-124mph at 24 psi. Enough to run 10's fairly easily with the correct combo and tune. 10.50's should be very doable with your parts at 26-27psi.

Let me ask in another way since no replies. Is a Precision 6262 BB comparable power wise with quicker spooling or would I be looking at something else?

The 6262 wil spool faster with the BB cartridge but you should be able to get the 6776 to work. If it has a .85 you may want to try a .63. It wont choke off too much power based on your goals of high tens

Thank you Sir for the responce.

I feel like I am on the edge of the goal now. It went 7.38 in the 1/8 at 20 lbs. So I feel comfortable the turbo I have is adequate for my goal. I was just curious if there was a better mousetrap that would spool better on the street and what it would be. I am a little fat on the bottom end which is hurting my spool up some.

FWIW..That car went 10's with a TE60 and 50# injectors. You should be able to go pretty deep into the 10's with that turbo. For some reason, I never got the tune right and the car was never as fast with the 67 as the 60.

Hope its treating you well, I've never seen a Buick with less rust than yours.

Dave good to hear from you. The car is treating me well. Still running good. Razors kit and wideband along with powerlogger going on in a few weeks. Jay at BWR is going to do the install and dyno tuning. The maybe I can turn the wick up a little.

Hows the vette running?

Dave good to hear from you. The car is treating me well. Still running good. Razors kit and wideband along with powerlogger going on in a few weeks. Jay at BWR is going to do the install and dyno tuning. The maybe I can turn the wick up a little.

Hows the vette running?

When the car ran 10's it was using the alcohol, so that may help. It stopped working and I went to straight race fuel, went through tons of O2 sensors.

Vette runs srtong, 9.80@145...Didnt get it out yet to try to break the record.
That was at 14 psi, methanol and 104. The car has a restirvtor plate in it. It would probable go low 9's with the plate out..but only once :redface: