A/C Fan not working in High position

87GNTurboTTop

Hello everyone. The fan works in the lower 3 positions, but not on the high setting. I was reading in another thread a relay is usually the culprit. Is this easy to test? Can I switch the relays out and check that way? Thanks in advance.

Check the Purple wire coming off the connector on the blower motor, its the main power to the blower; trace it down the corner of the passenger side cowl area by blower, down the door post area
wire/conn. gets corroded.
wiggle it around & fan see if fan comes on.
lots of posts on fix
(No relays to check)
Do_O

Last edited:
The contact inside the relay hanging off the airbox is probably corroded. If you feel comfortable taking it apart (it's just a metal cap), slide some 180 grit sandpaper or a nail file between the contacts and clean them like you would clean a set of points. Then reassemble and enjoy high speed. I have done it several times success.

Thank you so much for the replies everyone. I will be sure to post once I get a chance to take a look and hopefully get it working. It has been super hot this week.

I was troubleshooting the same problem on my GN. Looks like I found the problem and I need to do some rewiring.

Attachments

• 1439656065721.jpg
    1439656065721.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 88