A Arm Vote

Are you Sean's fan club? Not trying to be an arse here but I did a search on your name to see if I knew who you were and raced against you in '10. Saw references to Sean in like 80% of your posts lol. Are you racing ths next year? Would be great to see even more new faces this year.

Sure, I am a one man fan club but I only pull for the person winning so if he slips I have to move on LOL. I was just making a reference to what wraith represents, it was just a joke. And I might have a car for THS.

Sure, I am a one man fan club but I only pull for the person winning so if he slips I have to move on LOL. I was just making a reference to what wraith represents, it was just a joke. And I might have a car for THS.

Cool hope to see you there.

Sh!t I had a huge post and it didn't go through thanks to my phone:mad: Basically it was saying hope to see you all in '11;)

I say allow them.

Like someone else posted the rears can be tubular/ boxed so why can't the fronts be modified too.

Cause i have them;)..................I'm slower than hell and need all the help a man can get within a set of rules.

Don't worry guys i'm just one more stepping stone to the finish line:eek:

Hmmm, so apparently none of the racers oppose the A-Arm rule:confused:

Front mounts eliminate the "stock appearing" idea.

Rear tubulars eliminate the "stock suspension" idea.

So what is the purpose or need of requiring stock fronts?

OH... well as far as I am concerned....the rules can stay the same.... Im going a different route...good luck

OH... well as far as I am concerned....the rules can stay the same.... Im going a different route...good luck

Maybe I will too. If now all the sponsors switch to TRS or whatever new flavors may be and car count drops it sure is tempting to change over to track racing Porsches. At least you get a few hours track time per event.
You spend all this time and money for 9 or 10 seconds rushes maybe 10 times or so in a weekend for thousands of dollars and then fix all the broken stuff for again thousands all winter.
Then everyone argues all winter about the need to change stuff.
Life is short, not sure what lured me into this, could have bought a new GTR or Zo6 at this point with what I spent.

Maybe I will too. If now all the sponsors switch to TRS or whatever new flavors may be and car count drops it sure is tempting to change over to track racing Porsches. At least you get a few hours track time per event.
You spend all this time and money for 9 or 10 seconds rushes maybe 10 times or so in a weekend for thousands of dollars and then fix all the broken stuff for again thousands all winter.
Then everyone argues all winter about the need to change stuff.
Life is short, not sure what lured me into this, could have bought a new GTR or Zo6 at this point with what I spent.

I'm planning on running my Zo6 at Sebring this year some too. It's addicting and a lot more driver skill is involved rather than just holding on in an automatic. Even a stock C5 Z06 with track tires will be more fun than you can imagine on a road course! Changing pads is easy on C5/C6's too. And don't think there's no drama there either lol, you gotta wave people by, oops I cut you off, that black flag must be for the other guy, etc, etc...

I cant seem to keep my car together long enough to get to race in any class.
Here is my take on the A arm rule, RIDICULOUS !!!!!!!
These cars do not handle well to begin with so what ever you can do to them to bring them into the new millennium is a good move. If there were other more strict rules in this class to begin with I could certainly understand this rule but with the: any downpipe, front mounts, frame notch, Aftermarket fiberglass or carbon fiber bumpers and bumper filler panels are allowed,Any suspension stabilizer/ reinforcement bars or traction enhancing devices are allowed,Minor modifications to the stock rear wheel wells allowed but no mini tubs,A brake system line-lock is allowed,The driver’s name on the side window is allowed. Sponsor or vendor decal(s) are acceptable on the rear window and rear quarter glass windows (where applicable),A maximum of two (2) hood mounted gauges are allowed,Any size single modified stock or aftermarket throttle body is allowed,Race seats are allowed only if the seats are attached to the rear crossbar of the roll bar (where applicable) AND the seats are painted and upholstered to match the factory interior, etc... how in the hell can aftermarket A arms be "outlawed"? I have not understood the class from the start.
It is Kips class to run the way he wants but without racers there is no class. I know you cant please everyone but...
And for the record my A arms are stock.

Bryan

I cant seem to keep my car together long enough to get to race in any class.
Here is my take on the A arm rule, RIDICULOUS !!!!!!!
These cars do not handle well to begin with so what ever you can do to them to bring them into the new millennium is a good move. If there were other more strict rules in this class to begin with I could certainly understand this rule but with the: any downpipe, front mounts, frame notch, Aftermarket fiberglass or carbon fiber bumpers and bumper filler panels are allowed,Any suspension stabilizer/ reinforcement bars or traction enhancing devices are allowed,Minor modifications to the stock rear wheel wells allowed but no mini tubs,A brake system line-lock is allowed,The driver’s name on the side window is allowed. Sponsor or vendor decal(s) are acceptable on the rear window and rear quarter glass windows (where applicable),A maximum of two (2) hood mounted gauges are allowed,Any size single modified stock or aftermarket throttle body is allowed,Race seats are allowed only if the seats are attached to the rear crossbar of the roll bar (where applicable) AND the seats are painted and upholstered to match the factory interior, etc... how in the hell can aftermarket A arms be "outlawed"? I have not understood the class from the start.
It is Kips class to run the way he wants but without racers there is no class. I know you cant please everyone but...
And for the record my A arms are stock.

Bryan

Well Said Bryan.

All..... This Thread was created by me b/c apparently to some I had my butt on my shoulders, was a sixth grader, needed to race the rule or get the hell out, many many more things said on here.....

Anyway, I had my personal issues with the rules which I have stated very clearly.... but I wanted to pull back from the issue and see if I was blinded by the rules directed towards me....And try to find some middle ground........so I created a thread....

At this point it doesnt matter whether it has fallen on deaf ears or not as to much time as gone by with no communication or answers....you can not go back and make up for all that has been done.........

I tried to make this thread unbias as possible considering....but with all the variables that have happened, rules coming out so late, rules so specific to a car (intended or unintended), rule changes challenged with race or get out comments, and then the private communication to people to "rally" support and tell very incorrect versions of past events........ I was warned a year ago that this type of thing would happen and I turned my head to it and gave the benefit of the doubt.... as it has left me with a understanding of why classes come with so much turmoil......I try to avoid drama(thus the reason I have been around this for so many years and have been unknown for 14 of the 15 years I have had my car) The first and only year that I was lucky enough to make it to the top in times....and this crap is what happens.

I felt as if this drama came to me as I ran the class last year and was pushed out by the rule changes...yes.. I could have said "screw it I quit"...or..." I will throw the money away I spent to race the class to once again change my car to meet the new rules"(not after I spent 14 yrs building it)........but that wasnt the point.. the point was that the drama/fight came to me, flipped me the bird, and said if you dont like it get the heck out......sorry guys/gals.. as I said I avoid drama... but I will not let it walk up slap me in the face with out reacting.......

What is done is DONE!!!!! I hope to see everyone at the races... although I am not sure it will be from the next lane....Good luck to all of you whether you like what I have to say or not........

Thanks for everyones comments in this thread whether you are in agreement with me or not....... which is really what it is all about....I just hope that after all this and everyone settling on the next plan of action that this subject doesnt get twisted again.

:cool::cool:

A comment was made and couldn't be more true.

LIFE IS TOO SHORT!!!!

for this much drama!!!

JD

Hope to see you all at the races!!!