9.56 @ Island Dragway

I really like Island dragway, Ive always had good runs there, great prep. is that your average 60'?

Can't wait to turn the boost up.... :smile: Way to go Mike

Nice times! What size turbo is a GTK850?
I always liked Island too for the Sun test and tune.

Sorry guys, I have been away on buisness since friday...

I really like Island dragway, Ive always had good runs there, great prep. is that your average 60'?

I like Isalnd too. It's a really nice atmosphere. You can really get alot of runs in there. The best part for us is that it is less than an hour away for us.:)

Can't wait to turn the boost up.... :smile: Way to go Mike

Thank's Jack! I know me too! I just got your e-mail today. I will e-mail you back today. I would love to throw some more boost at it.

Nice times! What size turbo is a GTK850?
I always liked Island too for the Sun test and tune.

Thanks Otto, it is a 72mm turbo. Sunday is the best time to go there for sure.
We used to go friday nights but they changed the rules so that you have to have a registered, insured and inspected vehicle in order to race. Maybe next year I will register it with classic plates. It is more convient for us to go fridays.

Sweet! When my car works I bring it to Island. Needless to say, I haven't been to Island this year :( I grew up in this area and Island is only 15 miles from here. I love the place!

I don't think I've witnessed a Buick running as fast as yours there, though. Congrats!

Jim

Nice car

Congrats Mike on the new best.

Looks like you guys are getting things sorted out, Cottons built you one hellava car. I heard a rumor that you will be taking it out one more time this year. Keep the updtes coming.

Congrats Mike on the new best.

Looks like you guys are getting things sorted out, Cottons built you one hellava car. I heard a rumor that you will be taking it out one more time this year. Keep the updtes coming.

Thanks Sam! I can't thank Jack and Brian enough. I've been trying to hold off for this weekend but today we were busy and tomorrow the weather is going to be bad. It's most likely going to be next year. That's ok though, I couldn't have asked for a better year than this with the car. Who would have thought! From being in Pinks All Out final 16 and running my first 9 second time, going for my license passes at the E-Town Buick event, running multiple 9 second runs and ending it with a 9.56 @22 psi! 09' will be even better.

I will be bringing the car down to my work to take the exterior apart to go back to the body shop to get re sprayed. After that I want to retorque the heads and rockers. I also want to go over the rear and make sure everything is tight in there too.