87 WE4 in CT that someone needs to buy

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO BUY THIS CAR FOR WEEKS!!! He WON'T SELL IT!!! I have the check in hand!!!

Plus he PROMISED a sale then he told me wasn't sure then said give me a down payment then he wasn't sure. IT'S VERY FRUSTRATING. That car was promised to me.

As the previous owner,I will say that there were some minor dents,but nothing major and could probably be worked out,there was only surface rust on the undercarriage,the T Tops were clean as can be,he did an amazing job cleaning it up and the car is FAST. He is a nice guy,not sure why he wants to sell it,although it probably stands out a little in Greenwich,where Lambos are more the norm. Heck ,I'd buy it back if he would sell it to me :eek: ! Tony

As the previous owner,I will say that there were some minor dents,but nothing major and could probably be worked out,there was only surface rust on the undercarriage,the T Tops were clean as can be,he did an amazing job cleaning it up and the car is FAST. He is a nice guy,not sure why he wants to sell it,although it probably stands out a little in Greenwich,where Lambos are more the norm. Heck ,I'd buy it back if he would sell it to me :eek: ! Tony

That dent on the fender wasn't minor.

I guess that can be a relative term.As I remember,the paint wasn't broken,I've seen the paintless dent guys work out much more than that,and we're talking about a $ 6500 car,so at that price its fairly minor in my opinion. The car is a nice deal for a starter collector or hobbiest,it is not a museum piece or trailor queen. Unfortunately driven cars do get dents and dings,and this one could be repaired for a modest amount ,if you even bothered. Tony T

From what I gathered from him he thought he had a 10G car. I said if you were asking 7500 or 8 someone would offer 6500. I said to him his starting point is right were it should be and that I would buy it asap. Then the cold feet started and he said he had the nicest and cheapest T-Type on Craigs List. Oh well he'll learn.

This is my car with the "Horrendous" dent

If you look very close under the mirror going down about 18 inch you could see a dent. Yes , It looks worse looking down the side. Seems that my car got a lot more dents... even some rust.... if I either didn't agree to the payment terms or other "issues" along that line. Funny how that happens. And all I want to do is make room for a 1961 Alfa.

Attachments

• 1987WE4 010.jpg
    1987WE4 010.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 616
Room, RIGHT!!! you put people off, make promises, then waste time. Not quality at all.

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO BUY THIS CAR FOR WEEKS!!! He WON'T SELL IT!!! I have the check in hand!!!

+1 I tried to buy this car for about a week. Told the guy I'd drive up with cash, no problems. He really seemed like he was fishing for a deposit. I'd ask a few questions and tell him I'm all set just want to come up Saturday or Sunday and buy it then drive it home, no hassles from me. This clown said "A guy from PA who buys and sells these wants to take a look" Had to be Kirban no? Then he says "all the work was done buy a guy in Mass. think his name was Cotton or something like that."

Just seemed odd and something was off. As if he wanted a deposit from me because Kirban was sending a guy up. Why send a deposit when I'm willing to come up and buy the car cash just a day later?????

Guys, I hate to say it but I just get the feeling that this guy is looking to nab a $500 deposit and run. I don't usually accuse people of anything like this but I get a real bad taste. As soon as I said I'll come up and pay cash I never heard back. Emailed back a few times to him but nothing back after that offer.

It was on ebay too, he took it down because he said he was getting too many questions. I bit it to $6,700 which hit his $6,500 reserve and he went and took the listing down. Why would you do that if it hit your number. At that point don't worry about the influx of email, just let it run and sell it for whatever at that point. He emailed me and I said depending on condition I'd be willing to pay a bit more than the $6,500 if that's what it takes. He said no need, the price is $6,500 not $7,000........WTF?

He either really just doesn't want to sell it or..........I certainly wouldn't send a deposit.

Sorry for the rant but this one was near and dear for awhile :biggrin:

Sold, paid for and gone.

The best part is the new owner worked with my dad 30 years ago but didn't know him. Small world. Funny when BuickRob called and offered to come over with the cash, in fact 500 dollars more then I was asking I thought he was looking to check things out to see if he could come back and steal it...And he thought I was going to rip him off $500. Worked out well. I got to learn about a new type of car and met some nice people at the same time. I will say with all the car's I owned I've never met a more intense group of people. Enjoy you rides.

The best part is the new owner worked with my dad 30 years ago but didn't know him. Small world. Funny when BuickRob called and offered to come over with the cash, in fact 500 dollars more then I was asking I thought he was looking to check things out to see if he could come back and steal it...And he thought I was going to rip him off $500. Worked out well. I got to learn about a new type of car and met some nice people at the same time. I will say with all the car's I owned I've never met a more intense group of people. Enjoy you rides.

You mislead alot of people who took time off and were even making plans to purchase the car me being one of them. I'm a police officer and I wanted to work something out. I offered a 4000G down payment and he said no.

I will post all of his emails to me and his false promises. He is the closest thing to a scammer without actually scamming. (if that makes sense) I even had a set date to pick the car up. I'm a police officer and asked for that date off (which is not easy) and now he has these BS excuses. He is a blatant liar.