87 valve body has been hacked

TurboGTA

my 87 GN tranny was modified by the previous owner

had trans go shift kit in it when I bought it(its still in there)

I had it rebuilt by a transmission shop ,owner of this shop has a GN and said he was experienced with the tranny

$600 rebuild and the thing doesn't shift right

I have the 1-2 accumulator completely blocked and it still doesn't shift hard enough

it also shifts too early into every gear 3,000 to 3800 rpm

all this was happening 3 yrs ago when I sold the GN

now I need to get this tranny straightened out before I get my project under way ,F-body swap

I have an 84 GN tranny which appears to be a virgin,should I try using this valve body in the rebuilt 87 case?

thanks

I would try the BQ valve body as they are supposedly identical according to Bruce. Might be worth a shot?

if you do swap vb's be sure to swap the gov.s as well. Swapping the to may solve your prob, but still won't pinpoint the prob to what exactly in the vb was wrong. :confused:

new tranny

i have an 87 GN tranny in stock .80,000 miles no shift kit.if u'r interested its got the right valve body (br3) and governor (orange).case is an original brf.the 85 tranny wont shift at the right rpm.it olso wont flow the amount of fluid the br3 will.i'm selling the tranny for 600.oo.think about it.let me know

$600 for a rebuild? I had 3 of those in 2 years.
Spend the bucks and get one you can count on. I finally saw the light!
Thanks Bruce....still shiftin' hard as he$$

I know, your pain, and your probably in the same situation I was in where I didn't want to spend alot of money, but trust me, you'll SAVE money by doing it right! Learn from my mistake.

Dave