86 T Type Car Insurance

cbird77

'86 WH1 what?
I've got a really nice T and was wandering what insurance companies some of the guys on here use....I checked with my company and they go through Hagerty...$500 per year with no deductible...about right or too much. Value I told them I wanted insured was $25k. Suggestions?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Last edited:
When I was shopping around I got quotes from Hagerty and Grundy. Hagerty was a full $100 a year higher than Grundy for exactly the same coverages, zero deductable, and values of each of my GN's set at $15,000. Both are insured through Grundy for slightly over $400 a year total.
Low value for GN's? Not really, both my cars are quite high mileage.

I have hagerty on all my cars. easiest company to deal with and I pay just over $400. car valued at $15,000

I have an agreed value policy with Grundy for $355 yearly. I think the agreed value is $35K, which is the max for an 87GN with no appraisal. I tried to do $50K but didn't have time to deal with an apraisal, just needed insurance.

hello people; Isn't it true with the insurances talked about your limited to how you drive the car? LIke you can't drive it to work or put too many miles on it.
IBBY

Your rates are adjusted based on the mileage each year. For example, I told them I would put 1500 miles a year on mine. But, there is nothing to check that with, my car doesn't even have an odometer. But, I highly doubt I'll drive it more than that though.

They also asked whether it would be driven to and from work, whether or not it is stored in a garage at your house, whether you have other vehicles that you drive daily etc..

Grundy wants pictures of car and the locked garage it will reside in. Can't drive to work but have unlimited mileage.

American collectors here,super easy and $200.00 a year for $15k coverage.

I called American Modern and spoke to a guy that said they would not insure a vehicle above 1979 under the collector insurance. I argued that he didn't have a clue to what he was talking about. It really tee'd me off.:mad: He even went and asked his supervisor. What a joke. Hagerty's is looking pretty good so far. Waiting on a quote from Rally insurance in Illinois. They check several vendors and let me compare the offers. Pretty sweet.

Last edited:
I use Westfield. They offer me $25k of coverage, unlimited miles, but only 120 days of driving per year. Who's gonna check though. I did need an appraisal, but they let you up the value periodically without a new appraisal. For $182/yr. The catch is you need to have another car with them as your daily driver, but their regular rates are competitive so the package ends up being cheaper. I do all my cars and my home through them.

i did an agreed on value with state farm for 25k,it was cheaper by 150 dollars a year than it was with full coverage,no agreed on price.probably would have to fight to get 12k from the regular full coverage.
whoodathunk?

I know on the quote from Hagerty for $500 a year it was $0 deductible. That' s a good thing. This car will never be outta my sight...its other texting drivers I worry about!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I called American Modern and spoke to a guy that said they would not insure a vehicle above 1979 under the collector insurance. I argued that he didn't have a clue to what he was talking about. It really tee'd me off.:mad:

American Modern through AAA. $25k coverage, 3000 mile limit, $320 annually. Just like all collector policies, must be kept in a garage, must provided proof of registration of your daily driven vehicle. They needed pictures and reciepts from the restoration because the car is modified. No appraisal needed, but I may have that done in the near future.

Last edited:
I received a quote today from American modern for $575 a year. I told them it was modified. I don't know why it's so much more...i'm gonna check into to it some more tomorrow.

American Modern through AAA. $25k coverage, 3000 mile limit, $320 annually. Just like all collector policies, must be kept in a garage, must provided proof of registration of your daily driven vehicle. They needed pictures and reciepts from the restoration because the car is modified. No appraisal needed, but I may have that done in the near future.
I have an agreed value policy with Grundy for $355 yearly. I think the agreed value is $35K, which is the max for an 87GN with no appraisal. I tried to do $50K but didn't have time to deal with an apraisal, just needed insurance.
Did you find that through your local agent or online..
I have Farm Bureau insurance and they quoted Hagerty...

I went through the local AAA Mid Atlantic office. They will quote with American Modern or American Collector.

My AAA quoted me like 25k for
185$ a year and can drive 2500 miles a year or more can't remember but good deal I think.

Just renewed my agreed value policy with Grundy. $307/yr for 17k agreed value coverage. Agreed value is the way to go imo then there is no debate on how much your car is worth in the event of a loss because I can almost guarantee you won't agree to their number if something catastrophic should happen.