86 T Type Car Insurance

When looking for my insurance they all said that no insurance was good at the track. Every man for himself.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

When looking for my insurance they all said that no insurance was good at the track. Every man for himself.

Its called limited life insurance, and it doesn't cover the car.;)

Has anyone ever filed a claim with these companies and have great results?

Has anyone ever filed a claim with these companies and have great results?

That's a smart question. Everyone wants the cheapest insurance until you have to make a claim.

Well I have Geico since my other two cars and home are insured under them. I asked about classic car insurance and the representative stated that they are in the processes of updating the database. The 86 GN is still too young per their current policy. However, I was assured top NADA value if anything happended to my "baby." With roadside assitance... I'm happy.

Last edited:
hello people; Tell what is the NADA on your car. I guess it's a 86 GN but is the NADA different on 86 T type?
IBBY

Well I have Geico since my other two cars and home are insured under them. I asked about classic car insurance and the representative stated that they are in the processes of updating the database. The 86 GN is still too young per thier current policy. However, I was assured top NADA value if anything happended to my "baby." With roadside assitance... I'm happy.

An 'Agreed Value' policy is the preferred way to go here. The more valuable the car the more you should stay away from 'Stated Value' policies, imo.

An 'Agreed Value' policy is the preferred way to go here. The more valuable the car the more you should stay away from 'Stated Value' policies, imo.

I agree thanks for the input! I need to check a.s.a.p!

Also IBBY there is a 3-4K difference from 86 GN & 86 T-type

as far as covering the costs for the car. buddy of mine has hagerty on his 70 cutlass 442 beautiful car.. had the insurance for six days was driving it to a car show and the front wheel came off on the highway. not 100% sure what happened. saw the damage and it was def a few thousand worth.. hagerty came checked the car out and had a check out to him within the week for an agreed value.
i do think these insurance companies pay out no problems.. obviously they do their homework but all and all its worth it..

as far as covering the costs for the car. buddy of mine has hagerty on his 70 cutlass 442 beautiful car.. had the insurance for six days was driving it to a car show and the front wheel came off on the highway. not 100% sure what happened. saw the damage and it was def a few thousand worth.. hagerty came checked the car out and had a check out to him within the week for an agreed value.
i do think these insurance companies pay out no problems.. obviously they do their homework but all and all its worth it..

That is really good to know! I wonder if anyone else has any positive experiences with the classic car insurers??? Will need more data before I switch... :cool:

I have a buddy that claimed on Westfield twice for different AGV vehicles and they paid promptly.

When I got mine, I researched forums from good guys and found several of those guys had Grundy. Some of them spoke of having to make claims and they said there were no issues. These cars values were $35k to $60k rides. Some of them also had the insurance for 25 plus years.

hello people; I just searched NADA 1986 Buick T type, air conditioning, sunroof and found this. average $10,400, original NSRP $13,714, high retail $20,500.
IBBY

Last edited:
I have not needed to use it. My bro has Grundy and had a claim last year no issues.