84 no start no spark

alliedmike

2 Cyl short NO PROBLEM
Hey guys ..84 gn no spark and not sure where to start. i have no spark but i am getting fuel. i had the ignition module checked and the coil checked they all came back ok. the check engine light comes on when key is turned forward so the computer is getting power. i am not sure where else to look if anyone has some suggestions on what components to check out next i would appreciate it thanks guys

Hey guys ..84 gn no spark and not sure where to start. i have no spark but i am getting fuel. i had the ignition module checked and the coil checked they all came back ok. the check engine light comes on when key is turned forward so the computer is getting power. i am not sure where else to look if anyone has some suggestions on what components to check out next i would appreciate it thanks guys

Goto the "user panel",a dn update your location so someone close can help if needed.
Than, go to the sticky on top of this section, and see the links.

Do you have scantool and did this problem just suddenly start, or after the pin-out 87 module swap? :confused:

Bad crank sensor could be a possibility. Been down that road on mine. . . .

sorry forgot to put that part in there. no accually when all this started i took the module out an had it tested it came back bad so then i started the whole replacement thing i checked all the wireing and conections a million times there all properly connected. i checked the cam sensor its ok and all the fuses i am going to check the crank sensor next.. so i dont know if the ignition module when it went bad took out a sensor?

yup ya know what i am pretty sure its a crank sensor...my buddy had an old hall effect switch test kit from the 80s and i tested the cam sensor tested out ok and the i did the crank sensor and theres no response from the sensor so i got a new one on order and i hope that dose it thanks guys for the direction to look in

Well it ended up being the crank sensor. i got the new one installed and she fired up!! now i have a pretty bad missfire. all the cylinders are getting spark so i need to narrow it down i am not sure if one injector is not fireing or if its a valve issue. i have a real bad tick from the drivers side valve cover and the motor misses so bad that just at idle the motor rocks pretty bad. so i will have to investigate this further but atleast it starts thanks alot for the help ...Mike

Well i found out the miss fire issue..one of the wires in injector #2 had backed out of the connector so that cylinder was not getting any fuel..thanks to all for the help

im also getting no spark im haveing the same problem havent got the car started in about 1 week checked out the module its good replaced the crank sensor now i need to replace the cam sensor on my 85 the mechanic says he can get one for around 300 im sure i can find a better price somewhere so i need some direction as to where i can find this cam sensor at a good price any tips or help?

Well i was getting prices around the same as you for the cam sensor but i called advance auto parts and they gave me a price of 189.79 and they would have to order it in. apparently they do not sell the hall effect switch part (the black cap on top) anymore that would have been the easy cheap fix.. you can only buy the entire sensor with the cam gear and all ..so i would hit up advance for the part

.......... apparently they do not sell the hall effect switch part (the black cap on top) anymore that would have been the easy cheap fix.. you can only buy the entire sensor with the cam gear and all ..so i would hit up advance for the part

The cap is available from board vendors, or try Casperselectronics $72.95

wow good find on the cam sensor! i thought i looked everywhere all i could seem to find was used ones!