84 GN owners Interior question

y26

Hey guys just looking for some input on this before i go buy anything.

How well have you done in matching the interior colors. I think sand grey??? ALthough it looks more tan to me and the dash which looks black. What is the exact color on that? I think g-body carries both. Any advise with painting the trim??

I would get some paint from Brian as well. I know a couple of other vendors that sell "original" color, but I can't vouch for them as I haven't tried them. I got a can of Dark Blue and it was pretty dead on, so I can imagine the other colors are the same. Kind of expensive at $20 or so, but your other option would be to bring a trim panel to a paint shop and have them make you a color...

Also, as far as painting the trim, obviously prep is key. What I've always done is lightly scuff the piece first, and then thorougly clean w/ a solvent, you really can't repeat this step enough, clean and clean again. Some companies such as SEM sell a product specifically for this, but I've always used 90% rubbing alcohol on all jobs, and haven't had a customer complaint in 3 yrs, and its cheaper. Start spraying w/ a very light dust coat, and continue on w/ 2-3 more light, even coats to get your color, don't ever spray too wet or stay in a certain area too long. As long as you take your time, it'll come out great. Good luck

sem colors

17113 graphite (classic coat line)

15003 phantom white (color coat line)

this is what i found that is the same color is the factory colors

Great guys just what i needed to hear and thanks for the help. Just one more question. The dash, is that black??? I don't see a color that would match on the g-body website..

Thanks

The dash that came out of the 1984 GN car I parted out was a dark grey compared to my 87. Anybody need any interior trim for the original 84? I still have some, plus a great shape glove box door, let me know, I have a couple boxes of parts left. Regards, Tim

Great guys just what i needed to hear and thanks for the help. Just one more question. The dash, is that black??? I don't see a color that would match on the g-body website..

Thanks

The color is slate Gray & we have that in stock as well.

My apologies on the cost of paint.The price I came up with was the price they would sell to any one that would walk off the street & get the paint matched & mixed. You would have to buy a 12 pack case minimum order.

Now we have to buy it by the pallet from the company that did this for me in PA. & ship it to N.C. I did not increase the pricing.

We did take actual low mileage or new GM parts to the manufacturer & had them matched dead on.

No need to apologize man. Your helping US out. I'm a perfectionist, so I'd rather pay $20 a can for something I know is right, rather than guessing 3 or 4 times at $10 a pop like I did, but some people don't mind and rather take the cheap route.

Also I wanted to ask, not to be a hijacker, but while its still on my mind...do you happen to have any decent used weatherstripping? I need them all for a hardtop car, except the trunk seal, its for a customer of mine and for some reason he doesn't want to spend the money for new. Let me know

No need to apologize man. Your helping US out. I'm a perfectionist, so I'd rather pay $20 a can for something I know is right, rather than guessing 3 or 4 times at $10 a pop like I did, but some people don't mind and rather take the cheap route.

Also I wanted to ask, not to be a hijacker, but while its still on my mind...do you happen to have any decent used weatherstripping? I need them all for a hardtop car, except the trunk seal, its for a customer of mine and for some reason he doesn't want to spend the money for new. Let me know

I should. UPS already came & left for the day but I'll get you an e-mail on what we have & the condition. I actually had some new aftermarket units just come a parts car 2 weeks ago.