'83 T-type project update.

check the wire going to the small terminal on the starter and have somebody hit the key (keep hands clear just in case your car fixed it self :rolleyes: ) also check the wire going in to the ignition switch for power. if there is power going in and no power out there is your problem. Also if you have an mechanics starter switch try that and it will by-pass your ignition switch.

Turbo Rich,

This might help.....there is a thick red wire that comes out from the air conditioning wiring harness. Check it and make sure that it did'nt become detached.

It also might be the thick red wire coming out from the positive terminal at the battery post. The positive terminal has two. One, (the big red cable), goes directly to the starter. The smaller of the two goes directly to the altenator.

If for some reason it becomes detached from the positive terminal at the battery post....the car instantly dies! No power:eek:

Hope this helps......:cool:

Thanks Guys!
You've given me some direction on where to go next.
I have checked the two wires comming off the batt. & they are getting power at the alt. & starter. I haven't tried any of the other places mentioned.
I'm going to try all your suggestions this weekend (hopefully).
After getting to actually drive it a few times after being down for what felt like an eterninty then being down AGAIN, I am VERY anxious to get her back on the road. I'm sure I don't have to tell anyone here about how that feels though.
Thanz again, I'll report back.

I think my car has been parked more than drove. Oh well, keeps the miles down.:D

SHE LIVES
AGAIN

Thanx for all your help & contributions.
I ended up tracing down a bad fuseable link that led to an exposed wire that was melted from my header. To bad I went through the trouble of replacing my ignition switch first:rolleyes:
I haven't driven her yet (I need some sleep!) but
I let Tonya take her for a couple spins around the block to check things out. Hey, if somethings going to go wrong, it will happen when she's driving the car, lol.
I plan on driving her to work all week. I can't wait:p
There's a good strech of road for "testing & tuning".
If all goes well maybe I can actually get to finally cleaning/organaizing the garage before to long.
Of~course once she's runnin' good then I get to address the tranny problems, WWWHHHHHOOOPPPPPEEEE!
Also Tonya's been bugging me to help her kick up the boost in her car some now that we finally got rid of that knock problem we were experiencing. New coil/module/cap/rotor/plugs & wires took care of it. I'm not sure which one was the culpret but there were a few wires that were brittle from heat & the coil was stamped
"2 24 83". I take it that is the origional coil.:eek:
If all goes well with my water/alc. kit I'll be adding the other one to hers also.

Rich glad to here that you got it running again.
I've toasted about 4 wires aready on the passenger side. :(
But when the crane wires where on sale I got 3 sets so I'm good for a while.

What module did you get?

What's wrong with the trans?

Jim

Originally posted by Ttype83
What module did you get?

Jim

Holley Annihilator module/MSD Super Conductor wires/Pertrinix coil
A/C 2 plugs.
It made quite an improvement. Idles smoother & feels a lot stronger on the bottom end than before. Tonyas "accidentally" spun the tires a few times now.;)

Originally posted by Ttype83
What's wrong with the trans?

Shifts way to soon & has a lot of "slop" when shifted under power.
I'm used to the way Tonya's T's trans. 'bout snaps your neck when it shifts:eek: :D
I've got a filter to put in it & I need to adjust the TV cable now that it's running. We'll see.....

Do not put type F trans fuild in !
I made this misstake, type F should only be used in trans with low miles and NO problems or one that just get rebuilt.

Oh you are not online when I posted this, but Fred is :D

Originally posted by Turbo-Rich

Shifts way to soon & has a lot of "slop" when shifted under power.

Mine did that, but only when it got warmed up. I had a semi-crimped cooler line and change the filter and took care of the problem. not sure which cured it but it cured it.

Well....

There might be hope for the tranny yet:)
She shifted strong @ 10 #'s this mornin'.:D
I adjusted the cable some when I was putting things back together, I still need to mess with it more.
It's hard to believe that made so much difference?
It still shifts funky when not under boost.
First gear shifts way to soon (not under boost).
The car has a posi in it so I'm not for certain it's a 3:43.
If it has a bigger gear in it that COULD cause it to shift out of first sooner.
Hell, I might as well think POSItive right:D

On a side note,
My "test & tune" sessions in the morning are on hold until I either get some exhaust on the car or get some insurance.:eek:
I forgot about Ins. dammit
:mad: