78-87 Grand Prix with V-6 Turbo motor?

Ghostgoat

I have always loved pontiacs since I first flipped through Auto Traders at 15. I have owned a 1967 GTO and a 1971 Ventura. Street racing with a fast pontiac was my thing. I have always had a thing for V-6 Turbo cars from the time they first arrived back in the mid 80's. I have always wanted to put together a Grand Prix for a fast street car. I still want to do it but now I am leaning towards putting a turbo V-6 motor in it. I read a Car Craft article that had a V-6 in a Chevy Malibu and I loved it. I would think a GP project would be similar to the Malibu but have to research it. Anyone know of any 78-87 Grand Prix projects already out there?

Thanks.

-Bob

There was a guy on www.gbodies.com with a GP/GN powered. I seen the car on there awhile back somewhere up north but don't remember the screen name.

Yup, theirs been a GN swap in almost every Gbody so far, including Wagons.:D

Anyone know of any 78-87 Grand Prix projects already out there?

Thanks.

-Bob

There are a couple that I've seen.

McLaren put out a stock version, but with 3.1 back in the late 80's early 90's, it's a shame they didn't do something with the 78-87 though from the factory...

I remember that car well, it had the fattest seats, too bad it was front wheel drive..