bogies87

I was shopping for a ankle piece to carry as a back up. Small, compact, light weight..... you know the typical. Anyway i did some research and decided a $200ish Taurus PT738 would work. It had good reviews and only specific problem i could find was the slide locking with 1 round left in the chamber. Simple fix....so i buy it and a box of PMC ball and some Cor Bon carry ammo. I take it home load the mags and it wouldnt feed, either ammo. I messed with it for a bit and got the ball ammo to feed but not the Cor Bon. I pack it up and take it back, the gun shop and the owner polished the ramp and it fed. So my firearm instructor and i go and throw some lead down range. Long story short out of approximately 40 rounds i had 12 light strikes (both ammos). Heard the firing pin may have excess grease from the factory, so i cleaned it very good. I load 12 PMC's up and back out to the range. Out of 12, 4 are light strikes.
I took it back to the gunshop and now own a Smith and Wesson .380 bodyguard...... i took it to the range and it goes bang every time i pull the trigger......

cant go wrong with s & w. i perfer the walter ppk 380 cal which is also made now by s & w.

I looked at a PK 380 because its almost (and i mean ALMOST) identical to the P22. But i want sonething i can hide.... like when i ride the bike..
By the way the P22 is by far the sweetest gun. Its an absolute tack driver.

Got a Makarov myself it it digests everything I've put through it over the years.;) Also like the PPKs and the colt .380. Had an Astra at one point and the only time it failed was when the firing pin broke.:(

My wife wants a Sig P238.
I daily carry a Kel-Tec .380 in my back pocket but I am seriously thinking it is time for something new...

Bryan

the sig is very good choice. pricey just picked up for christmas the new p938 extreme @ $630.00 have seen them a high as $860.00.the frame is just a little larger than the p238. p938 is a 9mm more firepower and cheaper on ammo than the 380,s when you can find ammo for the 380,s.

The Sig P232 is the best .380 pistol on the market IMO, not cheap but you get what you pay for.

I must say, the more i shoot this gun, the more i like it. The trigger pull is less than desirable, but once you get used to it is easier.
Its hard to control breathing with such a long trigger pull. There is no reset. Its long all the way back.
But once the sweet spot is found... its pretty accurate. Some more seat time and the grouping will come together.

i love my trusty s&W .38 ... i just dont trust a 380 aginst a druged up person

Sigp238 way to go
Even if big guy or drugs a full clip in chest and you should be able to do the rest by hand

I skipped all of those low calibers and went to a Springfieild XDS .45 ,(smaller than my glock 26) and carry it in a Sneaky Pete Holster (goes right on the outside of the belt buckle w/shirt tucked in or not) + has Crimson Trace Laser.
Most accurate compact pistol I've had right out of the box