Practicing 60' at home

dynoman

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
I'm having my driveway redone this spring , it's 380' long to the house & side of the garage . Off the back of my drive way I have another 250' straight of unpaved driveway that then turns to my pole barn , 630' total straight . When I had an estimate for the "front" driveway it was suggested that the back could be paved for little more because it would be a one pass with the paver and rolling . This would save me from having to maintain the back with weed killer and hitting stones with the lawnmower . So this got me to thinking . What if I had concrete poured 10' wide by 80' ( one 10 yard load ) at the end away from the house then paved the rest of the way to the main driveway . That would give me room to practice launches for 60' times & be able to set up cameras to watch the suspension . Timing would be done with a Dragy and I would have plenty of room for shutdown . Any thoughts or suggestions about this ??? Sam

I'm having my driveway redone this spring , it's 380' long to the house & side of the garage . Off the back of my drive way I have another 250' straight of unpaved driveway that then turns to my pole barn , 630' total straight . When I had an estimate for the "front" driveway it was suggested that the back could be paved for little more because it would be a one pass with the paver and rolling . This would save me from having to maintain the back with weed killer and hitting stones with the lawnmower . So this got me to thinking . What if I had concrete poured 10' wide by 80' ( one 10 yard load ) at the end away from the house then paved the rest of the way to the main driveway . That would give me room to practice launches for 60' times & be able to set up cameras to watch the suspension . Timing would be done with a Dragy and I would have plenty of room for shutdown . Any thoughts or suggestions about this ??? Sam
Your suspension is already set up😉
Your car may need more shutdown room than you think😎
My thought is great launches and some whiskey🙂

Yep, sounds like a great idea and you can throw some steaks on the grill, invite the TR crowd over, and have a "launch & lunch" get together. Could become a yearly thing.
Im in :cool:

You’ll soon find out how “cool” your neighbor’s are,🤣
No problem there , Great neighbors !! No on even complained when my son's bachelor party consisted of 15 guys shooting on my range for 4 hours .... thousands of rounds down range !!

Yep, sounds like a great idea and you can throw some steaks on the grill, invite the TR crowd over, and have a "launch & lunch" get together. Could become a yearly thing.
That would be great !! I have a big in ground pool , brand new outdoor kitchen and if the cars need adjustments , pull it into the garage and put it up on the lift and have at it !! Oh yeah there is a bar just inside the walk out basement also .

VPF23514.jpg

I'll bring some goodies