#359 won Autorama Houston Best in Class

I guess no one here went to Autorama, but we were asked by the Houston Buick Club to 'borrow' #359 to enter into the Houston Autorama show. We thought that sounded fun, so they came with car dollies and enclosed trailer and carted it off.

Won best in class! Very proud :)

Thought for sure someone here would have been at Autorama and seen it.

I guess no one here went to Autorama, but we were asked by the Houston Buick Club to 'borrow' #359 to enter into the Houston Autorama show. We thought that sounded fun, so they came with car dollies and enclosed trailer and carted it off.

Won best in class! Very proud :)

Thought for sure someone here would have been at Autorama and seen it.

Outstanding! Congratulations!:cool: Pictures, we need to see some pictures?

And back in our showroom:

Attachments

• DCP_0015.JPG
    DCP_0015.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 676
  • DCP_0018.JPG
    DCP_0018.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 676
  • DCP_0020.JPG
    DCP_0020.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 690
  • DCP_0013.JPG
    DCP_0013.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 651
  • DCP_0021.JPG
    DCP_0021.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 666
Why does a car with nine (9) miles show as a "restored" vehicle. See signage.:cool:

Why does a car with nine (9) miles show as a "restored" vehicle. See signage.:cool:

We go through this every year with the Autorama in Dallas. You have no say so in what class they put you in. There is a 71 GSX 4spd car here local that is all original 30K mile car, and they'll put it in the restored class everytime. :confused:

we went to the autorama and it was awesome! we saw all the grand nationals, and was a little ticked, at the price of one of the grand national went for 9500.00 was a little low, the car was not displayed liked it should have been should have gone for alot more then that, but the bidders were a little to old for my taste, but i did see the othere grand nationals, :D

we went to the autorama and it was awesome! we saw all the grand nationals, and was a little ticked, at the price of one of the grand national went for 9500.00 was a little low, the car was not displayed liked it should have been should have gone for alot more then that, but the bidders were a little to old for my taste, but i did see the othere grand nationals, :D

Since when do they sell cars at the Autrama?:confused: :confused:

I've put several cars in autorama over the years. I too have questioned the classes the have put me in. Since I'm not a professional show car guy I don't argue. Just shine it up & show it off. If I will a trophy, Great. If not, No biggie.

They have a auction at autorama every year. Its normaly in a back wing ot side building to the autorama.

Congrats on the win. Beautiful GNX.:)

Right, there was no Original category, so that was the only one available. We were going to blaim GM if it lost, as it was their work :)

they were auctioning a lot of cars, on one side the building, and went to go look at them, this is the first time, that i have to the autorama, but they had a bunch things going around like a little swap meet, on the other side of the building, and had all the cars and truck in the center, i just wanted to see what the gn would go for.

At the 2008 Detroit Autorama, I was put in "Conservative Hardtop".

Attachments

• DSC00542.JPG
    DSC00542.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 541
  • DSC00549.JPG
    DSC00549.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 528
The GN in the auction DID NOT:frown: sell for $9500.00, did not meet the $14,000.00 reserve the owner had. The Butterscotch GS Stage 1 that was in the auction did not sell either ($30,000.00 reserve). --- BIG THANKS to Texas Direct Auto for "loaning" ;) us #359. Congrats on the "Best Of Class" plaque. There were approx. 10 judges swarming all over the X on Saturday morning:confused: . Al Farrack had the '87 GN right behind the GNX & came in 2nd place same class ('85-92 restored) his car is all original w/25k miles (had it repainted in '88) unhappy with GM`s paint job. It was nice to see both Buicks finish in front of the Camaros, Firebirds, & 1 Saleen 'Stang. All together the Houston Buick Club had (1) 1st Place, (3) 2nd place, & (2) 4th place finishes.

The auction sounds pretty cool. To the best of my knowledge there has never been a auction or even a swap meet at the Dallas show? I have been doing this show for several years. Hmmm? Interesting...

Congrats on the wins guys!

well thats good, im glad the gn had that reserve, loved that car, and all your cars, nice seeing them cars, and that the only reason i went to the autorama, little disappointed that i did'nt see more gm's like the gmc syclone and tyhoon.

The auction sounds pretty cool. To the best of my knowledge there has never been a auction or even a swap meet at the Dallas show? I have been doing this show for several years. Hmmm? Interesting...

Congrats on the wins guys!

The Autorama here has had an auction & swap meet as long as I can remember. Cars don`t bring top dollar here, it`s a buyers market, still neat to see. The swap meet used to be pretty good, mostly model cars, arts/craft show now. Still some good deals.

I've put several cars in autorama over the years. I too have questioned the classes the have put me in. Since I'm not a professional show car guy I don't argue. Just shine it up & show it off. If I will a trophy, Great. If not, No biggie.

They have a auction at autorama every year. Its normaly in a back wing ot side building to the autorama.

Congrats on the win. Beautiful GNX.:)

We hope to have "Black" in the show next year. . . hint . . hint.;)